Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife New 1911

I don't mind the look although I don't need the whale tail either, never been bit. Now my Hi Power is like a pit bull, it bites me on a regular basis.

I do for some reason like a long trigger though. Many high speed low drag types prefer the short trigger for their business guns, but have long triggers on their toys. I never could understand it but I know more than a couple that fall in that category.

Marshal, you running slim grips and bushings or standard? Might be able to help.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    I'm not a fan of the whale tails either nor am I a fan of skeleton hammers and long triggers but it seems a lot of people are. Just about every 1911 on the market today except for a few exceptions comes so equipped. Maybe it's because I have small, thin hands and have never been bitten by the spur hammer.
    They make em for small hands too...........................................
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    CharlieR if you could find out what he did I would appreciate it. I can see the problem with front sight being hard to find.
    Mike
    He got them here: http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters...ht_Sights.html

I saw a Browning 1911-380 in the local gun shop two days ago and it caught my attention. The entire pistol was noticeably smaller than a standard 1911.

Let us know how it shoots, what ammunition it likes and what it does not like.

She has put 100 rounds through it with no problems. 50 Lellier & Bellot, 50 Freedom Munitions reloads.

Plan on going some time next week again.

Mike

Probably didn't get the Mernickle holster yet huh? Too soon. Anxious to hear how you like that. My hands down personal favorite.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice Compact.

I've got the original. Ended up putting a Wilson Combat barrel in it, since they had 'em on sale for the Compact (4 inches, between an Officer's and a Commander).

Was a bit of a weird fit as barrels go, but its tight and locks like a crab's ass under water.

Shoots like a dream, and never, ever, hiccups, just like my Kahrs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Probably didn't get the Mernickle holster yet huh? Too soon. Anxious to hear how you like that. My hands down personal favorite.
    I just emailed them for an update it has been 6 weeks today. Should ship soon. will keep you updated when it arrives.

Mike

The gun is astonishingly cute and the 1911 is reproduced in painstaking detail, moreso than is done on guns that are vaguely inspired by 1911 (such as Llama Especiale or Colt Mustang/Sig P238). It shoots well and is generally reliable. It's very nice to hold, unlike smaller .380s. I don't mind the plastic frame, although I would appreciate if Browning offered an aluminum version. However, there are issues:
    - Sights are only useful at outdoor ranges, and are hard to see indoors. The rear notch is too narrow as well.
    - The barrel locks into the slide using the ejection port instead of true 1911 lugs
    - Ejector is much too close to the chamber, so most live rounds (and snap caps) cannot be reliably ejected
    The aftermarket support is poor despite 1911-22 preceding it by several years. Browning's own website is a disaster. I dare anyone to find a parts diagram on it.