Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Kahrs can't take the strain" of intense shooting classes

That reminds me of the story about the two samurai warriors who were trying to impress each other with their swordsmanship. The first samurai said, "Watch that fly. I'm going to take off his right wing." So drawing his sword, he takes a swing and sure enough the fly hits the ground minus a wing. The second samurai says, "That's nothing, watch this." Drawing his sword, he takes a swing at another fly but the fly just flies away. The first samurai bursts out laughing saying, "You missed!" The second samurai laughs and says, "Like hell, no kids for THAT fly!"
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Back to the topic?
    I think there is a huge difference between a fighting handgun and one carried or safely stored for self defense. This topic comes up in our basic pistol class all the time. I now ask each of our new to guns shooters, what are you expecting to use a gun for? To those that are timid, physically weak, or seem uninterested in returning to our range to actually understand how a semi auto functions and safely clear malfunctions, I hand them a smaller framed S&W with a set of Crimson Trace laser grips and work from there. The simple manual of arms for a revolver especially one with a laser, "put the dot on the target and drag the trigger rearward until you hear click, click" seems to be understood by everyone.

Yes, I am oversimplifying but I am still amazed when doing my RSO shift, how many experienced shooters have little knowledge of how to correct a malfunctioning semi-auto. The vast majority are small guns of every make. Is one make better than another? I doubt it.
    If you actually need the gun, life or death, one second notice, I suspect a malfunction will confuse 99.99% of all shooters enough to get them killed.

BTW, Brussel sprouts, melted cheese, and bacon. A++++
    "Never pet a burning dog"

"I suspect a malfunction will confuse 99.99% of all shooters enough to get them killed."

Especially with the adrenaline flowing like Niagara Falls. Hopefully all that practice and muscle memory will kick in. Of course that same 99.9% won't have muscle memory due to no practice or the wrong kind of practice. "What the heck, I just pulled the trigger and got no bang. What's wrong with this dang gun. I know one thing, I'll never buy this brand again." Wonder if I can get my money back? Oh Oh, forgot where I was. Uhh, THAT HURT!"
    Women call it "the silent treatment", and they think we don't like it.
    "The more laws, the less justice." Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I love Brussel sprouts for the gas that they give me. Keeps unwanted company away.
    U ONLY WISH YOU HAD COJMPANY. Just sayin but heh blame it o thge russel sprouts, if that please u...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    The Kimber SOLO....Won't shoot anything BUT +p JHP rounds and is finicky with which brand works....No range ammo will shoot in one
    and my point is I think iimbr even states in their manual or somewhere that +P only. I owner should have no complaint , unless he can't read. I like tyhe trigger on the kimber, basicaly a single action semi, if you study it more. Its damn near 905 cocked and ready to go. Sure wou7ldnt want it in my pocket but it outta bne one accurate semi, with that trigger setup.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Red face

And this from an Army Reserve Typing instructor.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

About 8 years ago I took my MK9 to an intermediate/advanced pistol course locally.

We ran the guns hard, 200rds in around an hour, hour and half or so. I had 6, 6rd mags and the Kahr ran perfect.

I was the biggest guy and I shot the smallest gun.

Also the only gun that never jammed, ever.

I am an experienced shooter with a too many carry guns, but I train with the gun I carry. I now carry either my CM9 or my G26. Both are all well maintained and shoot perfectly.

It's more about the shooter than the gun, always has been, always will be.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

Too Many Haters; where's the Love?
    Certainly, opinions are like rectums everybody got one...
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I practice the Tap, Rack, Throw drill daily just to stay sharp. I carry a back-up gun for just such an occasion.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Just trying to stay on topic here, but I used my Kahr CW40 in weekly local IDPA club matches & it has not failed me once. There is also another gentleman who uses his CW45 and not once did his pistol jam up or otherwise failed in any way... With over 2k rounds fired, not one stovepipe, or FTF or magazine poping out that I read about on none other than...online. I've already replaced the recoil spring as required by Kahr when I hit the 2k mark and I replaced the front sight with a Trijicon night sight. My CW40 is also my EDC. Pretty much everyone that I know personally, not online, but personally really like Kahr pistols and how they shoot. When I tell people that I also carry a K9 w/night sights, their eyes light up. Me, or people that I know who carry Kahr pistols have not experienced any realibility issues. I drop my mags on concrete floor, tossed them in the grass. Havent had one break yet.

But then of course, what you read online is probably very different then the real world....