Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hello, and new to me CW45 problems

She's been carryin' and shootin' J frames for 40 years, but she's got some arthritis in her thumb from dislocatin' it one time when she was sortin' cattle. Horse went right and she went left over it head.

Got to where she din't like shootin' that buckin' and snortin' .38 and took to the Kahr slick as a whistle. First time out she was shootin' groups the size of cigarette pack at 15 yards. She's heck of a fine backup if it comes to that.

Haha! True. I have a Taurus 85 2" .38 (Chief Special clone) I carry in an ankle holster (with a striiper of 6 more in my left front pocket) when I when slacks and tucked shirts. It's loaded with Federal LE only +P+ 158 grain Hydra-Shocks I got when I was still on the SO. They are down right nasty to shoot from the little belly gun. I much prefer shooting the CW45 to it!

The problem with 38s is that most don't break 175 ft lbs in 2" revolvers and some don't break 100 ft lbs!. At least these hit about 250 to 270 ft lbs from the little Taurus, but you pay for it. 380 autos tend to be more effective than 2" 38s in reality., but for some reason, I still prefer the little Taurus. The CW45 is my go to weapon for non-tucked shirt days, though.

Cowboys wear vest don'tcha know, so I've been playin' with packin' this little Kahr in a Remora holster in the appendix position.. I've got Dunlop's Disease so that rascal fits right next to my suspenders when I'm standin' and pokes out a bit when I'm sittin'. Right quick in either situation. Handiest I've found for sittin' in a car.
    A hijacker would be toast in 2 seconds.