Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, and new to me CW45 problems

Kahr responded. They will be happy to send me the parts...as long as I pay for them first! LOL! What heck happened to all of that wonderful Kaht warranty and customer service I keep reading about?????? I guess because I told them it was used, I don't count.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...sues-and-fixes

If you haven't already read this thread it's a good one. There's a post in there specifically addressing that slide stop spring, how it should be oriented and how it actually acts as two separate springs.

Do be durn careful with the screw on that unit, steel screw into tupperware frame is a weak spot to me, easy to strip.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

They advised me the warranty only applies to the original owner. It is void once it is sold. I guess honesty isn't the best policy all the time.

I think honesty is still the best policy, descretion with the release of unnecessay information is advised?

The main thing is we want to get that gun up and running 110%.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
    They advised me the warranty only applies to the original owner. It is void once it is sold. I guess honesty isn't the best policy all the time.
    I'm going to go ahead & chime in.... Yeah their warranty is not transferable unfortunately however the good thing is, except the frame itself, you can order any part for your pistol & have it sent to your home. I have ordered from Kahr arms website & it was painless & the standard shipping was quick, within a week after ordering. And the prices are very reasonable. The pistol is simple in design and pretty much anyone can change out the parts themselves.

Since you bought your CW45 used... I would have to assume that it's still going to need a good breaking in still..... The mag popping out is unacceptable however... I would suggest giving the pistol a good cleaning & lube... inspect the plastic follower on your mags for defects/cracks & order a replacement recoil spring, mag catch & slide release spring.... be careful when inserting the slide release lever back into the gun, if done incorrectly, it can bend the spring, which might be a possibility from it's previous owner, that can cause some of the problems your describing....

On a good note... I've owned my CW40 for nearly a yr, put 1100 rounds thru it and it's been ultra reliable. In fact, it replaced my M&P shield 9 as my primary carry. I sold my Shield 40 when I bought my K9..... In addition to being my EDC, I also use it for weekly IDPA club matches at our local indoor range. There was another guy that shows up on occasion that uses his CW45, and his like mine, has been very reliable as well.

Hey, since your going to be ordering some parts from Kahr, you might as well consider ordering their Trijicon front night sight for your CW45... I just replaced mine on my CW40 and it's working out great!

very strange that kahr would not work with you.I personaly feel a 5 year warranty should go with the gun and not the owner. It should be transferable just like a car or any utter products. Most on here have necver had this issue, but again ur honeslty miught have screwed u. What I would have done is just said nuttin unless I was asked. Noramally kahr can tell from the serial # the age of the gu to, but, sorry to hear that.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I really love the weapon, which is saying a lot considering the issues it has. I really think I got is so cheap ($400 out the door with one mag) was because the previous owner was "dumping" it. His loss is my gain. I even ordered two new magazine springs for my 6 rounders. The 6 rounder that came with the weapon, the spring only protruded about 1/2" BELOW THE BOTTOM OF THE MAGAZINE, UNCOMPRESSED, AND NEVER ACTIVATED THE SLIDE STOP! The other 6 rounder I got used on Ebay. It's spring is pretty good still, ut for $12, I'll just replace it at the same time as the bad one. My two Kahr 7 rounders for it are new in wrapper.

I figure I'll replace the recoil,mag catch, and slide stop springs, springs, and check tension on the catch spring. I already trimmed the right front corner of the followers so they no longer hit the magazine catch (how dumb of a design is that?). I burn through a couple hundred FMJs to get things seated, then try my Gold Dots. Ranger T Series +P, and Hornady Critical Duty. We'll see how it goes then.

I really love the weapon, which is saying a lot considering the issues it has. I really think I got is so cheap ($400 out the door with one mag) was because the previous owner was "dumping" it. His loss is my gain. I even ordered two new magazine springs for my 6 rounders. The 6 rounder that came with the weapon, the spring only protruded about 1/2" BELOW THE BOTTOM OF THE MAGAZINE, UNCOMPRESSED, AND NEVER ACTIVATED THE SLIDE STOP! The other 6 rounder I got used on Ebay. It's spring is pretty good still, ut for $12, I'll just replace it at the same time as the bad one. My two Kahr 7 rounders for it are new in wrapper.

I figure I'll replace the recoil,mag catch, and slide stop springs, springs, and check tension on the catch spring. I already trimmed the right front corner of the followers so they no longer hit the magazine catch (how dumb of a design is that?). I burn through a couple hundred FMJs to get things seated, then try my Gold Dots. Ranger T Series +P, and Hornady Critical Duty. We'll see how it goes then.
    http://grabagun.com/kahr-cw45-45acp-...oly-1-mag.html
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Thanks, but unfortunately, the KAHR CW45 is no longer on Kommifornia's approved list of firearms, just the P45. That means the only way to get one is to find a used one that was registered in California before it dropped of the list. They are strangling the flow of handguns by making BS regulations and charging the manufacturer's $10,000 A YEAR, PER EACH VARIATION of each firearm! 10 different variations of the same basic pistol translates into $100,000 a year.

Thanks, but unfortunately, the KAHR CW45 is no longer on Kommifornia's approved list of firearms, just the P45. That means the only way to get one is to find a used one that was registered in California before it dropped of the list. They are strangling the flow of handguns by making BS regulations and charging the manufacturer's $10,000 A YEAR, PER EACH VARIATION of each firearm! 10 different variations of the same basic pistol translates into $100,000 a year.
    Wow. I hadn't even considered how the California restrictions can affect the prices of guns. We don't have any such restrictions here in Michigan. Don't know if this is true, but I had heard that in California, CPL's are gun-specific, meaning you have to apply to have a specific gun added to your CPL, and you can only carry the specific guns listed on your CPL. Is that true? In Michigan (and most other states) your CPL does not limit you to any specific gun.

I used to live in Hermosa Beach many years ago (before I developed a strong interest in guns), and upon reflection I think I would be willing to tolerate the gun restrictions for a chance to live back there again; I loved living there!
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm