Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, and new to me CW45 problems

California is a good place to be FROM. Get out while you still can.

Lord knows we got enough of yall migrating up here to the north, it's almost as bad since they bring their silly idea's with them and want to create the same silly laws up here but we'll make room for you rangemaster.

This is a limited time offer though, getting plumb crowded up here, I'm pondering a wagons east move myself, wanna get me a chunk of Wyoming I think. A little room to stretch out a bit, 50,000 acres fenced with a moat ought to work purty good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You are correct. The specific weapon must be listed. I am fortunate, as I am a retired California deputy Sheriff. I don't need a permit, as my retired ID says concealed weapon authorized, though I do have to qualify with it annually.

aas for gun prices, they are STUPID in CA. I paid $750 for a used 582 series Mini-14 made in 2013. Pretty weapon, though...

Quote Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
    Kahr responded. They will be happy to send me the parts...as long as I pay for them first! LOL! What heck happened to all of that wonderful Kaht warranty and customer service I keep reading about?????? I guess because I told them it was used, I don't count.
    Maybe as a (former) LEO you're too used to all the comps and little perks that come with the job.

You bought a USED pistol. When you buy a USED pistol, you take what you get. I mean really... go buy a used Sig or Glock and tell them you have bad parts. See what they say.....

Someone who wa, say, some sort of certified armorer, would have picked up the problem, and corrected it, perhaps on the spot, or
    They could have had the store made it right, just to move the pistol off their shelf.

You saved some dollars buying used. Hopefully you saved enough to still make it worth while.

Haha! Good point! Yep, kinda was spoiled. No big deal. Everything (including two new mag springs) was $60. Working on it is a piece of cake. I already did a fix on the mag catch and slide lock, but want new parts, just because. This will be my EDC weapon - once I can rely on it.

I can carry openly or concealed too without permit. I can also buy hi-cap magazines, threaded barrel handguns and suppressors. That's because I live in Arizona. I lived in northern California for 73 years and would still be living there if it were not for the fact that the liberals there have taken over the government and the education system. The state is slowly strangling gun owners as each year more and more stringent laws are being passed on guns and ammunition.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Imarangemaster, hopefully, you kept your Glock? I live 15 miles from Glock in Georgia. I purchased a well used Gen 2 G19. One day at the range I was loading a magazine and I chipped the magazine well. I figured, okay, I'll pay to get a new frame. I know the frame was $150. Off I go to the Mother-ship, pistol and check in hand. The Tech says it's under warranty. I explain I'm not the original purchaser. He says "it's a Glock we warranty for life". After about 20 minutes he returns my now Gen 3 pistol with all brand new parts. Free of charge. Oh plus, Glock schwag (key chain, stress ball, R Lee Ermy poster). And he tells me to come back with any old magazines and they will swap them for free. I did! A dozen new 15 round mags for a collection of beat up old 10 round surplus mags from the oppressed states.

I bought the Kahr CM9 to supplement the Glock. Striker fired but smaller (pre G43) . I too found this site looking for tips and advice to make that Kahr better. In my experience Kahr is a few good people short of "Perfection". These pistols are CNC'd to tight tolerances but I don't think all the equipment is in sync between the departments. Kahr's are a good design but you have to invest in modifying them. You are fortunate to be an armorer. I'm a home smith. I feel bad for the guy that buys one thinking it will shoot right out of the box.

Welcome to the Forum, hope you get the CW45 going. I really love mine and carry it daily, it is 100% reliable. It does have a very tight chamber. It is scary accurate, hits on a B-27 at 100 yds are fairly easy.

Steve........

Quote Originally Posted by Scarywoody View Post
    Imarangemaster, hopefully, you kept your Glock? I live 15 miles from Glock in Georgia. I purchased a well used Gen 2 G19. One day at the range I was loading a magazine and I chipped the magazine well. I figured, okay, I'll pay to get a new frame. I know the frame was $150. Off I go to the Mother-ship, pistol and check in hand. The Tech says it's under warranty. I explain I'm not the original purchaser. He says "it's a Glock we warranty for life". After about 20 minutes he returns my now Gen 3 pistol with all brand new parts. Free of charge. Oh plus, Glock schwag (key chain, stress ball, R Lee Ermy poster). And he tells me to come back with any old magazines and they will swap them for free. I did! A dozen new 15 round mags for a collection of beat up old 10 round surplus mags from the oppressed states.

I bought the Kahr CM9 to supplement the Glock. Striker fired but smaller (pre G43) . I too found this site looking for tips and advice to make that Kahr better. In my experience Kahr is a few good people short of "Perfection". These pistols are CNC'd to tight tolerances but I don't think all the equipment is in sync between the departments. Kahr's are a good design but you have to invest in modifying them. You are fortunate to be an armorer. I'm a home smith. I feel bad for the guy that buys one thinking it will shoot right out of the box.

who registered youyr new frame for you. I am very sure Glock will not do that, so being your frame was serialized, unless they stamped it with the same numer, which I don't think any gun maker willdo eityher. You would have had a hard time walking out with a new frame. Just sayin. I think u need to explain more to convince me that this happened as u stated. Your defintely IMO off base on your assmption of kahrs reliablility and ability to shoot right out of the box, but again every one can have an opinion, your just differs from mine..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    who registered youyr new frame for you. I am very sure Glock will not do that, so being your frame was serialized, unless they stamped it with the same numer, which I don't think any gun maker willdo eityher. You would have had a hard time walking out with a new frame. Just sayin. I think u need to explain more to convince me that this happened as u stated. Your defintely IMO off base on your assmption of kahrs reliablility and ability to shoot right out of the box, but again every one can have an opinion, your just differs from mine..
    Actually, I had a 669 Smith and Wesson, that was actually on a 6906 frame (MUCH different, and different internals than the 669). It had been cracked while under warranty when the prior owner had it. He sent it back to S&W, and returned with a 6906 frame, stamped "669" with the original serial number. Para Ordnance did the same thing. I returned a P12 alloy frame that cracked, they returned a new frame with the original serial number.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I had always wondered about that Jocko, what about all the Kahr owners that had their frames replaced? Did they stamp the same serial number on the frame? I know here in California if a new serial number is issued your dealer has to receive, log and re-dros your firearm to you.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets