Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kusiak Leather amazing new holster for PM/CM 9

You just had to post that picture of the Kusiak holster, didn't you khoff2? I just ordered a minimalist and I haven't broken in my Don Hume yet. You're on my list now, khoff2. Be advised.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I use a Tagua OWB leather CCW holster made-in-Paraguay
    Lifetime guarantee
    $34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like that holster doesn't have enough room for your fingers to get a good purchase on the grip.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Looks like that holster doesn't have enough room for your fingers to get a good purchase on the grip.
    If you got Fat sausage fingers, no.
    but if you have delicate girly hands, it's fine.
    Sorry, Your ruled out Muggsy!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

They say that a woman can tell a lot about a man just by looking at his hands. That's why I always try to hide my short stubby fingers.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Just received an IWB Bare Bones Kusiak for my CM9 last week. Love it. 9 days from ordering to delivery. Beautifully finished, very thin (but not flimsy) strong clip and a nice fit (not too tight, not too loose... just right). Holster rides at a perfect depth, for me anyway. Very comfortable at the 4-4:30 position. Big name craftsmanship at a value price. Will be ordering one for my Shield very shortly. Wish I knew about this company 30 years ago!

I've been wearing my Kusiak for a few weeks short of 3 years now. My CM9 is a daily carry for me. If it's not in my belt it's in my car console because I'm where I cannot carry. It shows some age, but still has all it's integrity.

At the time, I bought the PM9 version as he didn't make the CM yet. It was a close match but a little loose and retention wasn't the best, especially if you drop trou in church restroom and watch your CM scoot outside the stall....! So I dampened the holster for several hours wrapped and stuffed with damp washclothes. Wrapped my CM9 tightly in saran wrap, then holstered it and stuck it into a vacuum seal bag, and vacuumed and sealed it. Popped it into the toaster oven at 170F for an hour then let it cool to room temp overnight. Unbagged it and let it slowly dry while at work the next day.

The leather did what I'd hoped and accepted the imprint of the slide release and pinched in behind the trigger guard somewhat, and now does much better at retention. Still not perfect but much better. I'd really like it if the top ridge had a spring steel u-shaped reinforcement built in to pinch the opening a touch on the pistol, and help retain the opening while in belt but empty to enhance reholstering (that I always do after removing it, I carry chamber loaded) for those that reholster while it's in the belt yet.

I just got a K9 and am very tempted to get another Kusiak, and my only concern is retention quality. Every other aspect of this holster is top notch in materials and workmanship. Checking this site to see if anyone makes better...

^^^ you baked your pistol? I'm nowhere near that brave.
    ​O|||||||O

Default Kusiak Leather amazing new holster for PM/CM 9

Not as hot as a car parked in summer sun. I think the toaster oven isn't as hot as it says it is, cooking times are always longer than stated in recipes.

Still my favorite holster. I see they're double layer now too. Ought to improve things.

I also love the kusiak. I have 7 of them for different carry pistols.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk