Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine repeatedly malfunctions

Default Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine repeatedly malfunctions

Whatsup folks?

I was always a big fan of the M1 Carbine. I wanted one for years. I don't know I just think they're nifty little carbines and I like the history behind them. I bought an AO/Kahr brand new almost two years about a week before I left for the Army. I remember later that day I shot some fancy high dollar defensive loads. A box of 20. Had trouble getting a round to chamber at first but I just wrote that off as being a brand new gun that needed some break in. Cycled the first 20 just fine.

Came home on leave about a year later, bought 100rds Monarch 110gr. brass cased FMJ, and took the carbine out. First mag ran good but after that the damn thing was misfeeding and misfiring like a SOB. I was hoping I could just blame the mag but the misfires are obviously a result of the the bolt or the firing pin being ****ed up.

I don't have the receipt for the carbine anymore or maybe I do but I doubt it. Was so long ago when I bought it. Is there a way I can send the carbine back to AO or Kahr to get repaired or get reimbursed? I'd appreciate any help big time. I dropped about $720 on this thing.

I certainly don't see why not. I'd email them or call and tell them just what you told here. See what they have to say about self diagnosis, perhaps things to check etc.

It might be something a new part might cure to save on the time away and shipping etc.

The receipt isn't important really.

Keep us posted on what you find out and the results, I think they'll fix you up proper.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Rough. That stinks.

When you call them avoid the use of the words ****ed up. If you're civil they will be more likely to be civil.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    When you call them avoid the use of the words ****ed up. If you're civil they will be more likely to be civil.
    No problem. Just a habit I picked up, product of my environment. Thanks for the replies.

Check the dents the firing pin is making on the primers. Is the firing pin striking the center of the primer or outer edge of the primer?

Let them know that you're a Veteran (provide a copy of your ID for emphasis) and they'll probably "go the extra mile" to help a Vet. I won't hesitate to let them know that I'm a Navy Veteran that served during the Vietnam Conflict. I'm not trying to "milk" the fact, but simply ask for respect, where respect is due.

God bless you for your service, brother! Welcome home.