Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perfecta from Walmart

Does not perform well in cw380. Seems to cause mag drop. Works perfect in p3at, and xds 45. Go figure

Perfecta ammo is junk! Wouldn't use in Kahrs, maybe Glocks but not Kahrs. Just my opinion

Iran a few boxes indoors at a classifier; they worked ok in my CM9; I thought that they had more muzzle flash then fed.aluminum case I usually shoot; S.O. said they had more report then he expected from 9mm.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    I'm now up to 46 rounds of Perfecta through my CW9, with no problems and bought another box of 50 a few days ago. A nearby Walmart just got several hundred boxes in stock for less than $10 per box.

Took the CT380 barrel into Walmart and did a plunk test on the Perfecta. Looks good. Picked up a box of 50 for $12.40+ tax. Slingshotted a magazine full, seemed to cycle just fine. If the weather cooperates, maybe we'll get to try it out next week.
    For a little over $1.00 per box more you can go online to a vendor like SGammo and buy name brand, high quality, NATO-spec 9mm FMJ ammo that performs very well. It's my understanding that NATO-Spec ammo is loaded to 10% higher pressure than regular ammo, so it mimics +P ammo in terms of the way it feels (recoil, etc.). I purchase all my ammo, both range fodder and defensive carry ammo in .380, 9mm, .40,.45acp, 5.56, and 7.62X39 from SGammo whenever possible. Great selection, very low prices, and very reasonable shipping rates. That said, I do on occasion purchase a 100-round value pack of WWB .45acp 230gr. FMJ from Walmart. It's pretty cheap, and my 1911's seem to like it for range fodder.

I never shoot steel-cased ammo in any of my guns, except for my AK-47 which is not at all picky about ammo and likes anything I run through it.
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

shlike,
    My only concern about running a lot of +P type ammo. consistently is that it causes more wear on the gun.
    After break in I run a few mags of +P self defense ammo every now and then but thats all. I want at least 20,000 rounds out of my guns.

Perfecta is the only ammo my CW380 chokes on. The case rim is a bit too tall, and it won't go fully into battery without a slap on the back of the slide. It doesn't eject well either. Guess the ejector just doesn't want to play nice with it.

OTOH, my MK9 loves the 9mm Perfecta FMJ. Seems like a fairly stout load, and is the cleanest ammo I've ever shot. Not too shabby for $9.78 a box, but it flies off the shelves at the Walmarts around here.

Guy shooting next to me at the range gave me over 100 rounds of once-fired Perfecta 9mm Luger cases! Plan to reload some of these to give it a try in my P9. While processing the brass for reloading, I ran into several cases with off-center flash holes so for anyone considering reloading Perfecta brass, be careful when decapping as you may run into off-center flash holes.

My P9 so far, has not met a boxer primed, brass case that it didn't like. Hoping it also makes friends with Perfecta.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

My K40 chokes on the perfecta stuff. Seems like I get at least once out of every 2 magazines that the slide hangs up. The case rim is much thicker and has a hard time getting by the extractor claw when feeding a new round. A slight pull back on the slide causes the round to kick up and chamber properly when palming the slide home.

Sticking with Winchester ammo for practice.

I have shot a couple of boxes of their 9mm fodder...worked fine for me.