Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CW45 doesn't chamber properly

dougguy - what would be the cost for this service? i'm interested in getting this issue fixed for sure - i tend to favor the .452 size bullets in my reloads...thanks

ok, one more update on this - (History) I got the pistol back from Kahr - they replaced the frame (apparently their tests showed it was the problem) - loaded up some factory ammo (steel case stuff) and it shoots flawlessly - I then tested my reloads in different batches - in groups of 5, i ranged from no crimp to heavy crimp using plated/jacketed bullets...as expected, the no crimp would not cycle...all the crimped stuff shot perfectly...I then tested using only my lead reloads...regardless of crimp, they did not cycle. So, i think the jacketed stuff will function fine and the lead bullets is like i was told by most of you - they are a bit oversized for this gun....i'm debating on having the barrel throated...dougguy and i have been talking and he can do this rather inexpensively with minimal down time...anyway - thank you all AGAIN for the valuable input and help...i'm hoping this issue has been resolved regardless of what path I choose to go...

Look into a factory crimp die. It solved my reload problem.

Iggy - i did that as noted above & per your previous recommendation...it works great with the exception of the hard cast bullets (.452)....i think getting the barrel throated per dougguy will take care of the last problem and let this thing shoot any ammo!!...my post above was to bring all who helped me up to speed on what has transpired...ya'll are awesome!!

ok, last update on this one - problem resolved for good. I decided to have the barrel worked over like dougguy (cylinderhone.net) recommended...got the barrel back today...looks awesome!! ALL my ammo just drops into the barrel chamber freely and falls out on its own when inverting the barrel...no issues with feeding/firing/extracting/ejecting now...Thanks Doug!! ya did an awesome job!!...I'd highly recommend his service if anyone out there is considering this for their Kahr. Reasonable price too...about a week turnaround time...NICE!!

jrz_dad sent his CW45 barrel for the Throat, Crown & Polish package I offer. This consists of throating the barrel with .150" to .200" worth of .4525" freebore that leads smoothly into the rifling on a 2° angle, a precision cut 20° crown, and any polishing, radiusing, or blending that might be needed at the feed ramp.

20° crown:

.4525" throat:

Does anybody know if DougGuy is still providing this ^^^service? Sent him a PM but have not heard back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garpo View Post
    Does anybody know if DougGuy is still providing this ^^^service? Sent him a PM but have not heard back from him.
    I imagine you'll get a reply from him in good order, but you can also try contacting him via Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhon...6429174391912/
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I imagine you'll get a reply from him in good order, but you can also try contacting him via Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhon...6429174391912/
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks for the link.

I just sent my CW45 barrel off to DougGuy to have the throat, crown and polish package performed. Had my new CW45 out to the range the other day and although very pleased with the feel and accuracy of this pistol, it had several failures to fully seat the cartridges, thus causing the slide not go into full battery. This was primarily using my 230, 200 LRN & 185 SWC reloads. However, I even experienced a couple of failures with factory FMJ ammo.

I'm looking forward to getting the barrel back to enjoy my CW45 to it's full potential.