Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best self defense ammunition for CW380?

Lucky Gunner also has recent ballistic gel/denim tests in .380,but in the slightly longer Glock barrel. I use XTP from which ever manufacturer I can find in my Kahr CW380. Good test results in shorter barrel, XTP is made to penetrate while also giving some expansion. It has been feed reliable for me. Better over penetration with no expansion than under penetration.

I use Hornady Critical Defense in all of my carry guns,after doing some profesional lab testing with an old fellow at the gun club(shooting old hard back books..lol) I found the Hornady in .380 penetrated better and expanded better than ball or standard hollow point.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    Lucky Gunner also has recent ballistic gel/denim tests in .380,but in the slightly longer Glock barrel. I use XTP from which ever manufacturer I can find in my Kahr CW380. Good test results in shorter barrel, XTP is made to penetrate while also giving some expansion. It has been feed reliable for me. Better over penetration with no expansion than under penetration.
    I'm currently using Freedom Munitions .380 XTP (new not reloads). Put 100 threw my CW380 no issues whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

I am testing a new wound called the super peetrator, it is shaped like a dick and also expands upon contact. Just sayin uggsy and I have been working on this for the past two years. It takes alot of "testing" to see if it works as designed.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Of the hollow points the Hornady XTP seems to perform the best. Most others fall far short of 12' penetration. In the 380 I prefer to use ball ammo as it will penetrate deep enough to reach vital organs and it feeds reliably. Flat nose ball ammo doesn't feed reliably in my P380. Check out this website. It's run by one of our own members. Check out ammo tests.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Ronni3_J View Post
    I'm currently using Freedom Munitions .380 XTP (new not reloads). Put 100 threw my CW380 no issues whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's good to know. I have a couple of boxes on order. I took advantage of the free shipping on Veterans Day.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Pretty jealous your CW380 actually runs Perfecta. Mine won't extract it most of the time. Did you buy it at WallyWorld?

Then again I can run flatnose with my magguts installed, go figure.

Hornady Custom XTP, or the American Gunner XTP both feed well in my P380. I bought some of the Federal HST in .380 but haven't shot more than one mag with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoop View Post
    Pretty jealous your CW380 actually runs Perfecta. Mine won't extract it most of the time. Did you buy it at WallyWorld?

Then again I can run flatnose with my magguts installed, go figure.
    I've had no problems with it. Yes I bought it at Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    Hornady Custom XTP, or the American Gunner XTP both feed well in my P380. I bought some of the Federal HST in .380 but haven't shot more than one mag with it so far.
    American Gunner in .380 has great reviews.