CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW45 going in for service (no trigger)

Wow!

Double wow! First that I've seen. The trigger bar is a stamped part. I hate stamped parts in guns. Unfortunately most guns have stamped parts these days.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

DJK.... Thx for pic. Yeah guess it is possible to break it.
    Hope you're happy with yours now.
    Respectfully,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It broke at about 7,000 rounds. Gun shop/range owner told me the trigger bars brake on their rental Kahrs.

Just got a call from my dealer, they spoke to Jay at Kahr service. They won't cover the shipping so I'll have to eat that.

When I spoke to their rep the other day, he kept steering me to go through the dealer for the return, instead of shipping it myself..now I see why.

Don't like to hear that a broken trigger bar is a known issue.
    I've got between 1500-2000 rds on this gun. If it can't take that without breaking then it's a range gun & not a self defense gun.

How everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
    Respectfully,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Auto,

If you purchased the pistol from said dealer, he should cover the return shipping to Kahr or have them send a bar and you or the dealer swap it out. My PM9 with the broken bar is my least favorite of the four Kahrs I own. I like the overall design, but not happy with some of the way Kahr implements them. The trigger bar with toooo many bends, that is the weak point and the hold open lever spring. The spring seems like an after thought.

In this case I suspect bad steel. I hope the problem doesn't become epidemic. Kahr had better start covering shipping on warranty repairs or improve their QC or they're going to start losing a lot of business. Word of bad mouth advertising travels like wildfire on the internet. And this from Kahr's biggest fan boy.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    In this case I suspect bad steel. I hope the problem doesn't become epidemic. Kahr had better start covering shipping on warranty repairs or improve their QC or they're going to start losing a lot of business. Word of bad mouth advertising travels like wildfire on the internet. And this from Kahr's biggest fan boy.
    I fully agree with you in regards to covering the shipping. Especially considering that the pistol is only 3 years old with less than 2000 rounds thru it.
    I just purchased my 2nd Kahr (K9 Elite - Woohoo!) and I have/had plans to pick up either a PM9 or MK9 in the future.

All the other manufacturers I currently have pistols made by will stand by their products and cover shipping when something breaks. And that's how it should be.

I'll be watching this thread closely to see how it's resolved by Kahr.

Shipping aside. I fully expect Kahr to come thru.
    ​O|||||||O

Thx folks.
    I hope this is a rare occurance and you all have better luck.

What is kind of lousy is I was planning on supplementing my carry group with a pm9... When I was in the dealer to drop off my Kahr he showed me the G43 and the P320 subcompact (very impressive trigger).
    2 weeks ago the Kahr was a foregone conclusion. Now I've got another decision to make.
    Respectfully,

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk