Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T Series picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by hsart View Post
    While you're here... is there a P7 model that is the most reliable, investable, etc.,... I noticed that some are made in Germany and others in US. I assume the M8 is better for carry... though not a small gun.
    They are all very reliable.

What do you mean by "investable"? If you mean worth the most, that would probably be the Jubilee model or the P7K3 especially with all the magazines and barrels in a set.

All P7s were made in Germany, none in the U.S.

Many prefer the PSP for carry, but some prefer the M8 because it has the standard mag release most U.S. guns use. Both shoot the same. The P7 went out of production in 2008.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    They are all very reliable.

What do you mean by "investable"? If you mean worth the most, that would probably be the Jubilee model or the P7K3 especially with all the magazines and barrels in a set.

All P7s were made in Germany, none in the U.S.

Many prefer the PSP for carry, but some prefer the M8 because it has the standard mag release most U.S. guns use. Both shoot the same. The P7 went out of production in 2008.
    Many thanks... great info. I did not know about the K3 set. I had also thought that the ones stamped with a US city were assembled here. I know there is a lot of info on these available on the web. I'm interested in getting a 9mm P7 at some point. Parts available?

OOOOHHHHH pretty, I may have to see about procuring one in 40 and dare I dream 45.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Can you tell if a t-9 is loaded? Is there a magazine loaded indicator on butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Athiker View Post
    Can you tell if a t-9 is loaded? Is there a magazine loaded indicator on butt?
    Like other Kahrs, the T9's extractor serves as a tactile loaded chamber indicator. When a round is chambered the extractor extends out from the slide a bit and you can feel it with your finger. Of course a press-check is the most positive way.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Is the t9 the same width as the p9?

Default Same Slide Width

According to Kahr's handy-dandy spec chart:

T9 slide width = 0.90 inches
    P9 slide width = 0.90 inches

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Is the t9 the same width as the p9?
    The slide width is the same, yes, but the frame of the P9 is a little bit wider than the T9 frame. A holster made for a T9 may be too tight for a P9.

EDIT;
    I just measured a K9 frame at .75", but the TP frame is .96" This could cause a problem, especially in plastic holsters.
    Last edited by ripley16; 08-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.

I often carry my P-9 in the T-9 Mitch Rosen ARG holster I have. Fits fine the grips are the big differance, not the slides.