Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: New member from Florida

Default New member from Florida

I've been reading through a lot of the board here. Good talk for sure. Picked up a CW45 last week - cleaned it up per the instructions - but haven't gotten to the range to try it out yet. I was really trying to choose between a Bersa BP9cc and a CW9. I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and have had zero issues so figured a BP9cc would give similar results. Problem is that it's hard to find any around the area I live to get my hands on to see how it feels in my hand, but there are a few places that have Kahr's in stock. I'm kind of wondering if I should have stayed with my original thought and went with the CW9 - the CW 45 in the Desantis IWB holster I use I chose is larger than I pictured at the store. My normal carry is a S&W 38 lightweight revolver in a soft holster and it just feels so much smoother and hides so well. I carry the Bersa now and then in a holster similar to the Desantis, so maybe I just need to find the right placement of the holster and get used to the slightly larger size and break the holster in some. I won't carry the CW45 until I have a few hundred rounds through it to be sure that I can rely on it.
    My assigned personal weapon in the Army was a 1911 .45 (I was a tank gunner) and I loved to shoot it - and had a shoulder holster, but that would never work for me to carry in warm Florida.

You hang out with that CW45 for a spell and you'll grow to love it. It's a great gun and a favorite of many members here.

I have a PM45 but still have a hankering for the CW now and then. I still habitually have a 1911 on my hip, the PM rides on my ankle.

I hear short pants are pretty popular in Florida so the ankle rig wouldn't work for you. Right about now long handle underwear is in order in the frozen Pacific Northwest. How cold was it you say, it was damn cold.

Welcome board, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome........................................... ...I'll trade you weather...................

Welcome! I have the BP9cc and PM9, both are great pistols. I had a CW45 and I can't remember now why I sold it, but I love my PM45.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Welcome Gunny. Thanks for your service.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Welcome. You got me thinking about warm weather!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Welcome from the deeply embedded Florida swamp lands

My CW45 has a great trigger. But more picky about ammo than my CM9.
    CW45 IWB; CM9 front pocket holster.