Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will take THIS pledge?

Default Who will take THIS pledge?

The news reports Mohammedans in this country, taking pledges to ISIS, and killing us.

Who will take THIS pledge?

I will.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Please do note, that "one Nation under God" is not "one nation, under God" (note the lack of comma in the actual pledge). Significant, because the lack of comma means ...nation under God... comes together, as is also reinforced with "... ,indivisible,...", immediately following. This is very important, and it is intentionally scripted that way. As the pledge is written, the word "indivisible" refers to the nation and God as being indivisible, not the nation itself. In fact, its rather redundant to say "One nation... " then also declare it indivisible. The writers of, and re-writers of the pledge, intended it to mean the nation and God were indivisible.

Will anyone follow me here, by taking the pledge in writing in this thread?

It is my sincere hope, that every KahrTalk member would write the following in their response to this thread:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Thank you.
    Last edited by CJB; 12-05-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Thank you for the note in english (honestly not my best subject ) and

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Ha! Love it!

I pledge so.
    ​O|||||||O

Soon that ^^^ will be labeled as offense to some and it should not be shown.

Interesting note about the under God part. The original pledge contained no mention of God. The God part was added post WWII to set us apart from the "Godless" communists. I believe it was during the Eisenhower administation. I pledge either way. I am not the most religious of folks but I believe this country was founded on Judea/Christian values and should remain that way. My 2 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pineappleshooter View Post
    Interesting note about the under God part. The original pledge contained no mention of God. The God part was added post WWII to set us apart from the "Godless" communists. I believe it was during the Eisenhower administation. I pledge either way. I am not the most religious of folks but I believe this country was founded on Judea/Christian values and should remain that way. My 2 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    My thoughts exactly.

bumps... pineappleshooter... to see if he'll take the pledge by writing it down.... here in the thread....

~~

There was some considerable debate as to the placement of the words "under God", with some saying that "....one nation, indivisible, under God, with liberty and justice for all" was the way to amend the Pledge. Eisenhower had attended a church service, was sitting in Lincoln's pew at Abe's old church of attendance and was moved by the sermon that called the nation to recognition of the Almighty (God).... it was later suggested that th wording be so, and Eisenhower urged its change.