Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW380 depressing me

Default CW380 depressing me

Picked up the CW380 new this month. 233 rounds put through it. I get a FTE about 1 out of every 12 rounds, doesn't matter what ammo. Tried a few different brands already, nothing works, clean, dirty, you name it. And definitely not limp wristing. Also the magazine has weakened to the point of not locking back the slide, and the trigger pin jumps out after a few shots. At least I haven't experienced FTF's like many others, the gun shoots great when it does shoot, but it has ZERO reliability at the moment. Guess I'm about to be without a pistol for a month or so...

Good luck. I hope they can fix it for you.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirk05 View Post
    Picked up the CW380 new this month. 233 rounds put through it. I get a FTE about 1 out of every 12 rounds, doesn't matter what ammo. Tried a few different brands already, nothing works, clean, dirty, you name it. And definitely not limp wristing. Also the magazine has weakened to the point of not locking back the slide, and the trigger pin jumps out after a few shots. At least I haven't experienced FTF's like many others, the gun shoots great when it does shoot, but it has ZERO reliability at the moment. Guess I'm about to be without a pistol for a month or so...
    NOT SURE IT IS THE MAGAZINE FAULT FOR NO SLIDE LCKING BACK. THAT NORMALLY IS AN INDICATION OF A WEAK RECOIL SPRING. UR ROUND TOTAL SHOULD NOT BE CAUSING THAT WEAKNESS EITHER BUT IT JUST COULD BE A WEAK ASS RECOIL SPRING FROM THE GIIT GO.iT SALL ABOUT TIMING WITH THESE GUNS. u MIGHT CHECK TOS EE IF THE MAGAZINE SPRING IS IN CORRECTLY ALSO. did u by chance look a the propper prepping of ur kahr thread. alot of things u can check yourself and do to enhance reliability also. Just sayin. trigger pin, look on trhe left side opur your gun by the trigger guard. TRhere is a very small unnotriceabl3e pin that hold that trigger pin in place. It might have backed out a tad. u will feel and see it if it has, otherwise, if it backs out again just back it out a tad more and put some blue locktite on it and drive it back in and ur good to go. Last resort send it back but maye u can trouble shoot this urself. READ THE prepping tread.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Read and did the prepping. It is the mag for sure because I have a second one to test and compare it to that works correctly. I'll take a look at the trigger pin later today to see if that's it.

Read and did the prepping. It is the mag for sure because I have a second one to test and compare it to that works correctly. I'll take a look at the trigger pin later today to see if that's it.
    quick test, change the good mad sprng in to the bad mag and see if that corrects it. It could be a follower that the little nub is not making a good contact with the slide lock..ust sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Switched mag guts. Turns out there are 2 contributing factors in the mag, the follower and the feed lips. The lips must start a little too soon, and the follower's metal tab sits a bit lower as well.

Also found that tiny pin near the trigger. Snug as can be and flush with the frame upon inspection.

Failures to eject and the slide not locking back are both indications of buffering or a limp wrist. Have you had anyone experienced in shooting Kahr firearms shoot your gun? It would also help to diagnose the problem if you told us exactly what brand and weight of ammo you've been using. Inexpensive and/or foreign ammo could be causing the problem. If your thumb is interfering with the slide lock lever that can cause the slide to fail to lock back. You can stretch the mag spring slightly to increase the pressure to determine if the cause is a weak mag spring. There are 5% extra power mag springs available from Wolff Gun Springs.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

My experience with the CW380 was that it was very frustrating through a couple hundred rounds then all of a sudden it started humming along and never a problem since. I did use a lot of Precision One +P during the break in period and I think that helped. With such a small grip you really have to be care to avoid the slide lock lever. I wouldn't give up on it.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

We don't know much about the FTE state... other than FTE.

A picture would work wonders.

I had, initially, a few problems with my newest PM9 failing to lock. Turns out the slide stop pin was a tight mo'fo in its hole in the frame. Slide off... pushed in place, mag in there, and it would not fully lift into position to lock the slide. That went away as things got looser, and I elected to not do anything about it because I guessed (correctly) that the pin would ease up in the hole all by itself.

Also had a problem with the slide stop locking... go figure... all by itself during hand racking. Thought the edge was too long on the right side and I was pressing it out. Turns out the spring was not quite right, and I was able to apply some English to the spring and now it positions the slide stop laterally in the correct place. Of course this didn't show until the slide stop was looser in the hole!

Never had a reversed mag spring but it can, and does happen.

The application of "English" (American English) to any item:

The application of American English always involves the bending of a component.
    The application of Japanese, means the use of a specialized calibration fixture, of which only one exists, in the Osaka factory.
    The application of Swiss is an oxymoron.
    The application of German involves the fine adjustment of finicky set screws, each with its own locking counter screw.
    The application of Russian involves welding.
    The application of Romani involves stolen goods that still work.
    And, coming full circle, the application of British English involves a very complex list of must-do items in order to circumvent and/or bypass the failed condition (on a good day).

To that last little item, my good friend from the UK describes her rather normal experience with a Morris Minor as of of tedious rules. To start the engine on a rainy day (every day) one needed to hold the brake pedal not quite half depressed, only after depressing the throttle thrice fully, then holding it between one half and one inch depressed. Then do the brake thing, and engage the starter. Something to do with the crude choke, and vacuum assist of the brakes spoiling the works. Tales of this type not tales at all in the UK, with persons of a proper age, as they were just common knowledge.

Fortunately, Kahr in an American product, so American English principles apply.

send an email to kahr, attn. Jay state ur case and ask if you need to send the defective mag b ack for replacement or if they will just take your word for it. state how u tested iut to find the issue. The trigger pin is definitely fixable by you. Mine walked on my PMJ9 and I did what I tod you to do and it has never moved again. Not worth sending it bac k for that, IMO. good luckand keep us posted, ur almoswt there.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY