Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kahr 380 Striker Ultimate Fix

Default Kahr 380 Striker Ultimate Fix

Coming in January. What I refer to as a "Super Strength" striker and spacer. Here is a photo showing some of the differences in a plastic printed prototype:

The white, plastic part shows the new design above a factory part. First, the striker is much thicker in the area that they fracture. The spacer is thinner to keep the un-sprung travel the same. The material is heat treated S7 tool steel. That is about the toughest steel available for this type of part. Both the striker and spacer in our 380 Striker Solution are machined S7 tool steel. The body of the part is also slightly lengthened to keep the boss from hitting rounds in the magazine while the striker block spacing remains the same to the firing pin.

They are out being made now and will be available in January. You can dry fire this forever and the striker will not fail.

I have have been refining this design for quite awhile. I finally found a shop who can make it cost effectively too.

What do y'all think?
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Sign me up!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Sign me up!
    Happy to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Sign me up!
    ME TOO!

My P380 is on the third POS Kahr striker and I have no confidence in it or Kahr's concern or ability to address the problem.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I'll take one also!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

There's room for improvement in almost everything. If I were to break a striker in my P380 I'd consider it.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Wouldn't there be more money in somehow selling this design to Kahr to use in all guns as opposed to making and selling one at a time? Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    Wouldn't there be more money in somehow selling this design to Kahr to use in all guns as opposed to making and selling one at a time? Dan
    Dan, I'm sure Kahr knows how to get hold of me if they are interested. They clearly have talented engineers and could change this part themselves if they desire. That is a bit more complicated for them, because then they would have parts, strikers and spacers, that are not interchangeable and backwards compatible. In our fix, both the striker and spacer need to be changed as a set.

And, even if Kahr changed it moving forward, there are still all those folks out there who already have .380s and would like to upgrade.

I'm interested in the fix. No problems so far, but it is best to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Dan, I'm sure Kahr knows how to get hold of me if they are interested. They clearly have talented engineers and could change this part themselves if they desire. That is a bit more complicated for them, because then they would have parts, strikers and spacers, that are not interchangeable and backwards compatible. In our fix, both the striker and spacer need to be changed as a set.

And, even if Kahr changed it moving forward, there are still all those folks out there who already have .380s and would like to upgrade.
    I believe that the Kahr design is sound, but the heat treating of the part is suspect. Over time dry firing can cause metal to become crystallized and brittle.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380