Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: Replacement sights for US made DE .50AE with 8-slot rail?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know this is an older thread but Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing makes some really good sights for the Desert Eagle.

I put Williams Firesights on my .50AE Desert Eagle. The front was not high enough so I called Dawson Precision and ordered a higher front sight. He has a formula for figuring how high the front sight should be. He will tell you how to measure to figure it out. They work perfect. I have added a scope to mine since then.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhart View Post
    I put Williams Firesights on my .50AE Desert Eagle. The front was not high enough so I called Dawson Precision and ordered a higher front sight. He has a formula for figuring how high the front sight should be. He will tell you how to measure to figure it out. They work perfect. I have added a scope to mine since then.
    This is exactly what I did with a slide of unknown origin I made up from parts specifically for 357Magnum It wasn't the right type for Williams Firesights... I ended up getting a good bit taller (0.305) height front sight from Dawson Precision. My rear sight was running out of travel, so basically I adjusted the rear sight travel to the height I wanted it to be (about 30% from bottomed out) and followed Dawsons calculator for front sight height, and it worked perfectly.

MrBlackCat