I've decided I don't like the factory sights on my DE. The sights are all black, and as I primarily shoot at an indoor range, nearly invisible against the target...

I saw a nice looking set of Trijcons, but they indicate they are not compatible with the 8-slot rail barrel. I was thinking of putting a small, inexpensive reflex sight on, but after chatting with one of the salespeople at the range I go to, he didn't think a cheap one would survive on a DE (he admitted he couldn't say for sure, as I couldn't give him a comparison as far as the recoil goes, his first thought was to look at ones intended for rifles or shotguns.)

I took a look at some of the ones on MRIs store page and MidwayUSA, and I'm not sure I like those...

So then I thought, what about putting some enamel, white paint on the existing sights, with a small paintbrush?

So, the question is (because I've not done any of the above,) any suggestions for sights, reflex or iron, or painting the existing sights (carefully, with a small modelers brush, and masking tape all around the sights so I don't get it elsewhere)?

Thanks,
Jason A.