CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement sights for US made DE .50AE with 8-slot rail?

Exactly my situation with the Williams Firesights too, MrBlackCat. I had the rear sight all the way down, and still was shooting high at 25 yards. I called Dawson Precison, explained the situation, and he told me his formula for finding the correct height for the front sight. I gave him my measurements, and my credit card number, and he made me the correct front sight. I installed it as soon as i got it, went to the range and actually had to come up about 4 clicks to get it dead on at 25 yards. The Williams rear sight worked perfect with the Dawson front sight. But, as I said in a previous post, I put a scope on it soon after. My 74 year old eyes work much better with an optic.

New here and just ordered my first DE but I use this sight on almost every gun I have. I am also going to be milling one of these to work on my Jericho 941. Eventually I might have my other Jericho milled with an optic cut now that CZ is doing it.

On to the sight which is a https://www.seeallopensight.com/ and while it does take a little while to get used to that is no different than with a red dot. These are a LOT cheaper, no batteries, no electronics, lifetime warranty, and you could drop a DE on top of it and not break it.

Well, good luck with your sight, I put a Tru-glow red dot on my .50AE, and it lasted all of THREE shots before disintegrating before my eyes! That's why I went with a Bushnell 2x scope. Hundreds of rounds later, still going strong.

There are these new Tritium Sights on Kahr’s website...

Not sure what they’re cut for.

In the pre - stainless Mark XIXs, there are actually two different front sight heights, and they don’t make the older ones anymore.