Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Portraying the Good Guys : 1920s/30s cops

Thanks for the pics, a very nice piece of history.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Great picture of a gambling raid in 1925
    http://www.shorpy.com/node/9192?size=_original

Philadelphia Police Department circa 1944.
    Some of them look sharp.
    Others, not so much.

Leave the gun, take the cannoli

I may have to look into this, I kind of want to get into some fun shooting, and this would be right up my alley, I'd have to use reproductions though, I'm still a working man.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

We got another one on the hook folks!

Default I've been doing it from the beginning

Gentelmen,

If you look at the Wall Street Journal photos you will see how to portray a good guy.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...5436.html#prev

Thanks
    G Man AZSA #11

My concern there would be that most police in the period carried a 32, or 38 revolver. Not a bad thing to have to get a model 10 to shoot with, but dump pouches would be a pain, and I like my 1911. Of course I would have to get one a little more period correct, and would have to use my MILSURP rifles for those stages, which would knock out my Enfield. That one is a 2A, and since the .308 was not around then, I don't figure I could use it.
    How would an M44 Moisin-Nagant fair in rifle matches, and a breech-break shotgun (single shot) do as well?
    Dang it, now I'm going to be spending more money on guns and gear. Thanks guys.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Hi ya JL, here is the link with the rules for your guns:
    http://www.zootshooters.com/rules
    And now you have a great excuse to get another 1911 or a 1917 revolver. You will have to reload for a milsurp rifle as the 1400 fps rule will not allow factory loads [unless there is some seriously downloaded stuff being made i don't know about].

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconKC View Post
    Hi ya JL, here is the link with the rules for your guns:
    http://www.zootshooters.com/rules
    And now you have a great excuse to get another 1911 or a 1917 revolver. You will have to reload for a milsurp rifle as the 1400 fps rule will not allow factory loads [unless there is some seriously downloaded stuff being made i don't know about].
    Oooh, I want another 1911 and a 1917 revolver (I know where one is).

Can I be Melvin Purvis? He the right era. Maybe Frank Hammer? I better study up on my gangster history so I can talk intelligent.
    Definitely have to get that SBR license and the correct barrel on my Tommy too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Guess that means I need an M-1 carbine too. Reading that means getting into this is going to be expensive, and difficult. Then there is the start up around here, no club, hmmm, more thought is required.
    I saw also that military type costumes are not generally excepted, unless they were of a Prohibition type action, kind a shame that I wouldn't be able to have a persona with a China Marine background. Maybe something that is more true to life than I care to admit. I dunno, looks fun, so we'll see.