Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Favorite President

(See the next to the last line.)

The White House has just released a “Fact Sheet” outlining the President’s Executive Actions on guns. Click here to read the full document. Minus the blather, here’s what’s in it:

• The FBI will hire more than 230 additional examiners and other staff to help process background checks.
    • The President’s FY2017 budget will include funding for 200 new ATF agents and investigators to help enforce gun laws.
    • ATF has established an Internet Investigation Center to track illegal online firearms trafficking and is dedicating $4 million and additional personnel to enhance the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network.
    • ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.
    • The Administration is proposing a new $500 million investment to increase access to mental health care.
    • The Social Security Administration has indicated that it will begin the rulemaking process to include information in the background check system about beneficiaries who are prohibited from possessing a firearm for mental health reasons.
    • The Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing a rule to remove unnecessary legal barriers preventing States from reporting relevant information about people prohibited from possessing a gun for specific mental health reasons
    • The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology.
    • The President has directed the departments to review the availability of smart gun technology on a regular basis, and to explore potential ways to further its use and development to more broadly improve gun safety.
    • [New regulations will] clarify that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business—from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.
    • Require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust or corporation.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

No way I want an FFL. It gives the BATF too much leeway to invade your home or place of business. I'll just stick with civil disobedience.
    I can hardly bring myself to part with a gun once I own it anyway.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Ditto that! Having an FFL used to mean you could deal with few restrictions. It used to mean you could buy and sell for your own needs at dealer cost. Now, it means you need to have a dedicated business location with set public business hours along with all the paperwork that it entails. Your books must be available to BATF on surprise visits. It also means you will need a business license from the city. All that red tape and you have to also run a business and turn a profit. Not for me. I'll continue to buy at the big box stores and keep my sanity.

The city of San Francisco drove the last gun shop there to close by drowning the business in city red tape. As an FFL, you also have to fight the politics.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

I think it was Loretta Lynch that said maybe two was the limit. Unless it's in writing in the form of a law or statute it doesn't matter what she says.

And until we're foolish enough to register our guns, they will have no idea if we sell them privately or not. Just make sure you know who you're selling to, and they're not a snitch or government agent.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Tears of a clown, he put onion juice on his finger then rub his eye. Use the laws that ARE in place Now!
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

You guys have missed the point of my post entirely. You aren't submitting an application to obtain an FFL although you can if you want one. You are applying for an FFL as a protest against Obama's new law. The purpose of the application is to let the government know that your not a happy camper. Can you imagine how the government would react to receiving a million FFL applications in a week? The BATF would have to process them and the BATF would have little time for anything else. The vast majority of the applications would be rejected. This tactic is called passive resistance. Learn something from the liberal left.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Speaking of speeches, does anyone know were a gun costs less than a book? I think the LGS is overcharging.

Quote Originally Posted by pbagley View Post
    Speaking of speeches, does anyone know were a gun costs less than a book? I think the LGS is overcharging.
    Many internet guns don't charge sales tax.
    Shipping can and should be USPS.
    Cross Creek Guns ships for $5.50.
    You have to shop around for FFL transfer fees.
    But deals can be found.

In Washington you pay the tax when you get it from your dealer. The state determined gun transactions are easily trackable. No other out of state on line purchases are taxed since there's no means of tracking.

At first most dealers said they were not tax collectors and did not do so but the state came down hard on a few, some I know personally with audits. The word got out and now there are no exceptions.

That along with 594 where all firearm transactions have to go through a dealer really sucks. Almost like living in California.

Those still really aren't trackable so many are ignoring that new law. Gun Show being the exception. They insist all private sales go through the paperwork but many dealers offer the transfer service cheap or sometimes even free.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by pbagley View Post
    Most LGS charge only what they need to charge to make a profit and stay in business. Most of their profit comes from selling ammunition, accessories and gunsmithing services. Brick and mortar stores have to charge more than ether net businesses due to their overhead, but try getting the internet to repair your broken gun. Support your LGS or very shortly you won't have one. I can remember a time when there was a local hardware store on the corner. They were staffed with people who could tell you how to fix things. Try finding that today at your local DIY store.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380