Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First experience with a Kahr CM9

Default First experience with a Kahr CM9

In the two times of being at the range to break this little bad boy in, I fired a total of 250 rounds. I had 3 rounds nosedive between three different rounds, Federal HST LE 124gr, 147gr, and Sellier & Bellot 124gr FMJ. Since the last incident occurred after the 200 round break-in period, I will have to prove another 100 rounds with no failures before I feel comfortable for carry.

I kept the last 6 rounds dedicated to the Federal 147gr load and hung a new target. Since I am nearsighted and was without my glasses, I wasn’t able to see the results until I brought the target in. This target was at the 8 yard mark and well lit.) I don’t think I’ve ever done that well before with any handgun. I had all six within a two inch grouping centered around the bulls-eye.

The standard grip was a bit uncomfortable after a while, so I ordered a Lone Wolf Quik Grip Size #3 based upon another member’s photo and recommendation. I tried it on the second time to the range. It is a perfect fit, looks great, and makes all the world of difference in comfort.

I had also ordered a Desantis Super Fly holster and tried it out several days ago. Perfect fit for my winter jackets. Wearing it was more comfortable and concealable than I had anticipated. I had to check every now and then to make sure it did not slip out. Practice draws have proven smooth and the holster remains perfectly intact as their ad states.

Pros: Extremely Accurate; one of the most concealable 9mm on the market, small and light to carry; recoil from both 124gr and 147gr was very manageable as was minimal muzzle rise; feels well balanced in my smaller to medium size hands; appears to be well constructed; very smooth trigger, nicely constructed magazine, great price.

Cons: Slide release rough on thumb; a little difficult to field strip; must use the slide release to place weapon into battery; rough texture in grips.

I would easily rate the CM9 a 9/10 and recommend it to anyone considering a similar caliber for a small concealable carry gun. This won over my Glock 19, 30S, and LCP as my new EDC.

Hey Jarold, glad to hear you like that CM9 they are a nice small package. As for your nose dives some have done the follower mod and some have not, I did it to mine there should be a link to it somewhere. I think it does help. On the second part you said your nearsighted well that may have helped you, so you could focus on the front sight and the target is a blur and actually you want to focus on that front sight. Good luck with your CM9
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Thanks for the information. I will look that up.

Several people have modified the slide stop lever with a file and dremel tool by rounding the edges. To me it wasn't a problem.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Search Lakeline LLC and check out their metal Kahr mag followers. I have one in each of my four mags for my CM9. I can sling shot a round into the chamber now easily on all of them. I believe the owner of the company is a member on here but I don't know for sure. Good luck!

That would be Alfonse and he is indeed a frequent flier here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hello!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I just visited their site and it looks like I will give them a try. From my research, it appears that some Kahr owners have had issues from their stock magazines, especially in the earlier years. This follower looks to be a quality product. Thanks for the information.

It is not only the early guns. I just bought a brand new one and on the first outing the follower broke. I now have a lakeline in the mag.

I'm waiting for Alphonse to have a two fer one sale on those followers, but I ain't holdin' my breath. Just sayin'.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380