Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ported K40

* does NOT raise noise level
    Not suggetsing that it does. The way they explained it, the noise coming out of the "ports" is more directed at your head/ears. Makes sense to me. I am not saying it's true or false because I don't have a ported barrel to make comparrisons. But it is a topic out there in internet land..some do report more noise.

I just did a google--

Question on ported barrel use - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Ported barrels are they worth it ? - Maryland Shooters

pros and cons of a ported barrel. [Archive] - THR

Single-Actions - Should I Magnaport?

I think the perception of more noise may be there especially in a indoor range or other enclosed space but I personally have not experienced any noticeable increase in noise, The are also a lot of people that say that the muzzle flash out of the ports making shooting it at night a bigger problem but according to mag-na-port the actual studies done by Night sight manufactures point to a different conclusions stating that the effect is no worse than an un-ported gun of the same caliber. It is possible to find opinions on any type of mods both pro and cons by the hundreds with most of the people just repeating what they have heard from some one else with no fact or personal experience factored in at all. I am in no way an expert but I have shot and owned many handguns that have been ported and personally find no good reason not to port one and many good reasons to port especially on the larger caliburs.
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

best advice I can give anyone who relies on "other" people comments is to definitely not port yourgun. For me, I will port um all. They offer no down side and if there is a noise difference, i can't tell it and even that is not a deterent. Flash out the end of the ports is hogwash. I defy anyone to shoot his kahr at evening and tell me there is not alot of flame coming out the end of their barrel. You ain't gonna get away from it. but again for me I will port until the cows come home, shot they for over 25 years. Magna ports work for me that is for sure.

I have found in the past that many reports of negatives on porting comes from people who don't own, or shoot a ported gun. they probably ain't for everyone, just as much as kahrs are not for everyone either.

I finally made to the range this evening and put about 60 rounds of Winchester White box 165 FMJ through the freshly ported barrel and I am very impressed with how much less the barrel rises , it is now very close in recoil and barrel rise to PM9. I am still shooting a low and to the left by about 1 inch at 25 ft but getting acceptable groups. I know I must be pulling off a bit just before the trigger breaks. I will work on correcting this problem next trip.
    Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380

Good show. If you like the porting, then you done good. Shoot it, shoot it more rinse and repeat.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Any long term report? About to buy a ported barrel for mine

Had my K40 Magnaported in September of 2009. I would estimate around 3500 rounds down range sice then. It makes the K40 very enjoyable to shoot!
    Last edited by Ol'coot; 03-01-2022 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added photo
    Tony,

NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380