Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galloway Precision Spring Kit - Anyone Try It

Default Galloway Precision Spring Kit - Anyone Try It

The CM9 is pretty good for a DA gun... one of the best in this category.
    However I would not mind a few pounds less pull...

http://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/cm9/

The have a reduced power spring and reduced striker spring kit...

I haven't tried Galloway's product, but thought I'd throw a second option your way.
    Wolff Gunsprings sells reduced power striker springs for Kahr pistols.
    If you go with a reduced power striker spring, you might want to make sure it will reliably ignite your "carry" ammo.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I bought the Galloway kit for my CM40. I forget what the little spring was for but it was the same as the one I have so I didn't swap it. The striker spring did make a little difference. the day it was due to be delivered, I kept dry firing to get the feel, when the mail came I swapped the striker spring and pulled the trigger. Yup, it was lighter. Now I couldn't tell you. It's all relative. Don't bother with the 2 spring kit, just get the striker spring.

Can either of you guys give a long term update on the spring kit specifically in terms of reliability?

I have about 3000 rnd. on my Galloway spring kit w/o any FTFs; the little spring is the striker block spring and I installed it. I see a some reduction in the pull weight using both springs in my EDC/Competition CM9. I only have shot Feds. or C.D.s ;fires everytime.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    I have about 3000 rnd. on my Galloway spring kit w/o any FTFs; the little spring is the striker block spring and I installed it. I see a some reduction in the pull weight using both springs in my EDC/Competition CM9. I only have shot Feds. or C.D.s ;fires everytime.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Great thanks for the update, sounds pretty reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    I bought the Galloway kit for my CM40. I forget what the little spring was for but it was the same as the one I have so I didn't swap it. The striker spring did make a little difference. the day it was due to be delivered, I kept dry firing to get the feel, when the mail came I swapped the striker spring and pulled the trigger. Yup, it was lighter. Now I couldn't tell you. It's all relative. Don't bother with the 2 spring kit, just get the striker spring.
    OldFatGuy how about your CM40 ? I wonder if the .40 has any issues compared to the CM9 with the reduced power spring kit. Thank you much.

My experience with the Galloway kit was that the trigger was about 2 lbs lighter but felt a little mushy. I swapped back and forth a few times and stuck with the Galloway kit.

I have the Wolff reduced power striker spring on a CM9. Made a noticeable difference and I have about 500 rounds through it without a light strike. My wife carries that gun.

Always looking for an edge. Just installed Galloway’s GP1302 & 1303 (ss striker/reduced power sprinkle kit) in my PM9 earlier today. During dry firing does feel lighter. Once the weather clears up here in the NE, will make a trip to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk