Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kimber has evolved the revolver

Hmmm, I see a set of bawanna grip panels in your future.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nothing changed in the looks dept., but spring changes, and some internal polishing, along with an oil bath. Shot it twice, and it went to the wife. Actually, she shoots it better than I. Which is good. Just doing these things to a firearm that comes a bit rough from the factory, made a huge difference. The trigger is so smooth and has the perfect trigger weight for carry, IMHO. A friend of mine picked up a new S&W Model 64. I was surprised at how heavy and gritty the trigger was. I thought that S&W made better triggers than that. I hadn't played with one in a while.The sights are a bit better than the trench sights on the standard SP, and the front gold bead grows on you. It's one of the best triggers I have felt on a revolver. I believe b4ucuzme can testify to the triggers after some work. I may get another in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the looks of it, but already have 3 snubbies that don't get enough carry time now. Plus there's lots of other stuff on the want list that I could spend the $ on.

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Decades too late ................in todays environment makes me question if Kimber as two living brains cells to rub together.
    Kinda what was said circa 20 years back when Kimber first introduced their 1911's that then shook up what was an arrogant, take this and like it, hide bound market.
    NRA Benefactor

Ahhhh good to see that ole Kahrtalk spirit.... Opinions and azzwholes: everybody has one!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Kinda what was said circa 20 years back when Kimber first introduced their 1911's that then shook up what was an arrogant, take this and like it, hide bound market.
    Still true today. Kimber at one time in the past produced quality products at fair prices. Today not so much. The local LGS sees more Kimbers returned for problems than they should. Sadly once a company achieves a measure of success they sit on their butts and become stagnant and this includes ALL firearms manufacturers.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Still true today. Kimber at one time in the past produced quality products at fair prices. Today not so much. The local LGS sees more Kimbers returned for problems than they should. Sadly once a company achieves a measure of success they sit on their butts and become stagnant and this includes ALL firearms manufacturers.
    Colt went through the same thing starting in the late '70s, lasting for about 15 years and included the nasty strike. Fortunately they got their quality control problem fixed, but unfortunately not the management/ownership side of things. Can you believe they essentially have ONE skilled craftsman producing the venerable Single Action Army?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Colt went through the same thing starting in the late '70s, lasting for about 15 years and included the nasty strike. Fortunately they got their quality control problem fixed, but unfortunately not the management/ownership side of things. Can you believe they essentially have ONE skilled craftsman producing the venerable Single Action Army?
    I couldn't agree more. I don't know if it is a cost issue or just plain sloppiness. I have experienced very visual defects in S&W products that came directly out of the Performance Center. Sure they fix them free but I will never understand why the management refuses to tighten up on the quality control. Kimber, S&W, Springfield, and for that matter, all large manufacturers are in the same pot. My God, Kahr has been dealing with mag issues on some models for many years.

I would like to see a signed certificate by the final inspector included in the factory box.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Armybrat, That's a beautiful revolver. I'd take it any day over the K6, and it has a hammer, as all revolvers should IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Kimber, S&W, Springfield, and for that matter, all large manufacturers are in the same pot. My God, Kahr has been dealing with mag issues on some models for many years.

I would like to see a signed certificate by the final inspector included in the factory box.
    So sad and so true. I too would like to see some documentation that it was inspected and fired and to be able to speak to that person on the phone if necessary.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up