CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Marine

Good job!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Thanks Colonel. And special thanks to you Clint. Be safe.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Please thank him volunteering to protect the country.
    My son will retire from the Marines in 2018. He has played in
    the sand several times.
    I think/hope that he has seen his last deployment.
    I guess I worry more about it than he does.
    That's almost us exactly. He makes it sound like not a big deal, pretty cushy job but I emphasized to him that there really is no cushy job when your issued a rifle and a pistol. Even like embassy duty etc, usually the people hate us and everything we represent so he can't let his guard down.

His mom is relieved he's getting the Marine Security job maybe. She wasn't so relieved when I told her he's going to the same places, wearing more formal uniform, probably in lesser numbers. He gets hazard pay full time, adds time to his enlistment, the list goes on and on.

He'll be fine, I know he will but we're still probably more skeered than he is.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hopefully he'll get embassy duty in a nice local. Not sure if he has to "work his way up" to get some sand between his toes in a nice location.

Darn if you didn't go and raise a man Bawanna...well done to you both and thanks for the update.
    Semepr Fi,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

A chip off the old block. If he's half as good as his "Old Man" he'll do just fine. Old Muggsy is pullin' for him.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Colonel, you must be one proud Papa. Congratulations on raising such a fine son. May God watch over him and protect him while he is in Iraq, and any other dangerous places he may travel too.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Congratulations to you all... parents and son. You've raised a fine young man and the Marines will certainly add to that as well. I hope he has a long(if he chooses!) and successful career and makes all of you even prouder! Semper Fi!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Clint my youngest son and first Marine returned to his base at 29 Palms after his Christmas leave which was great.

Right back into training and such. He finally got introduced to the Beretta M9 and qualified expert with it. He didn't figure they would ever be issued handguns but found out differently.
    He's heading for Irag first of April and everyone in his platoon will be issued M9's. He said he was already familiar with shooting, good upbringing, but had to get used to the long trigger on the Beretta. He also said it was high speed, targets only up for 2 or 3 seconds then disappear.
    He's hoping to have a chance to requal with his HK rifle to raise that to Expert level as well but time will tell on that.

When he returned, first morning in formation him and 9 others were called out of formation and offered interviews to transfer into Marine security. This is originally what he wanted to do but was told there were no openings. Apparently that has changed. His leader was NOT happy about this. Already short of a full compliment of Marines and losing some didn't make him happy I guess.

That will require 7 or 8 months of additional training at Quantico, an extension of his enlistment time and a full year each deployed to 3 different countries. So apparently little down time and less visits home.

Sounds like the decision won't be made prior to his deployment so he will go to Iraq and be brought back if he is selected for the Marine Security deal.
    Congrats!!!!! he's a lucky man, I'm disappointed that I'm not going to see a deployment at this duty station so 3 more years of garrison bs I would kill to be in his shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God bless him and you!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle