Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Is it true that GENERALLY doesn't like 124gr

I only shoot 124 grain bullets.

My CM9 likes all flavors fine too. I prefer standard pressure 147 grain Federal HST for carry purposes

I'm "pretty sure" shooting 124 gr is what broke the follower in my CM9. Made the feed ramp tang slap the follower. I shaved back the feed ramp tang a little and no issues since.

My CM9 loves 124gr. Hornady Personal Defense. It digests the 115 and 147 rounds just as well. I'm tempted to name my CM9 Mikey. It eats anything. Hey Mikey!
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    I'm "pretty sure" shooting 124 gr is what broke the follower in my CM9. Made the feed ramp tang slap the follower. I shaved back the feed ramp tang a little and no issues since.
    That's your follower not liking 124gr, not your CM9 (good job on the fix)
    To the OP: it's been my experience (owned a CM9 and reading here), that it is NOT TRUE that "GENERALLY" the CM9 doesn't like 124gr.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Sirvive, I have not heard of anyone saying they had trouble feeding 124g load in the CM9. I DID hear a couple people (only a couple) say that they had some trouble with 115g loads, as mentioned by kwh in the previous post.

I don't know about CM9, but I own two PM9s and only shoot 115gr and 124gr rounds. They work great. So far I've shot over 4.7K rounds through one and over 4.2K rounds trough the other, and both of my PM9s maintain over 99.8% reliability rate with malfunctions that mostly occurred during the break-in period.

One the first range trip with my brand new CM9. I ran about 250 handloads. Various powders and measurements. But shot 124 grain flatpoints. Not a single issue. You're good to go with 124s in the cm9 if that's your concern.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My CM9 has fired all weights of ammo without any problems. About 700 rounds.

I use 115 ball ammo (my reloads) at the range... and use Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot both 124 Gn... works well. I took a chronograph reading on these Self defense rounds and they are smoking. Forgot the exact numbers, but over 1200 fps.