Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking Apart

Default Taking Apart

When you Watch the Kahr Video taking the PM apart and Putting it back it seems very easy, but, when I do it, first the slide seems to jam on taking it off, and when putting it back on you have to screw with it, does Not want to Rack back to put the slide stop on, after playing with it, then it seems to be OK.

Note: I am doing it the Way the Video Shows to the Tee.

What am I doing WRONG?

The recoil assembly has to be just right I've found, moving it just a touch sometimes is all it takes.

I often times have to tickle the trigger a bit to get it past also. It goes on seems to hit a wall, work the trigger a bit and it will slide over and go together fine.

It gets easier or maybe one gets luckier after you do it a few times.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna

I have to play with the trigger also. Once you figure it out it goes together fairly easy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

+1 The recoil assembly position is most critical during assembly. It took me awhile to get comfortable doing it. Practice
    practice, practice.

Light pulling or wiggling of the trigger usually works to get the slide off and on.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

It's magic, that's what it is! I've taken mine apart and put it back together many times, still fiddle around every time! Get it together and swear I'll never do it again, but I do. The Kahr fairy laughs at us all!

I thought this was a family friendly forum, and you guys are talking about tickling your triggers. For SHAME!

Sometimes it seems the slide moves forward on its own. Sometimes you gotta get things "just so". Its part of the Kahr mystique...

Moving the trigger helps.

Goin' back on can also be a pain. I try to get a partial slide stop pin install, then pull the slide back to line up the notch on the frame and slide (not the witness marks, which I can't see for crap, but the cutout areas).

And... after a bunch o shootin' the slide stop will be a little less tight in its hole, and the whole thing will be much easier. My newest PM9 hasn't been shot much and that slide stop is a bugger to get in and out, but the oldie moldie PM45 is smooth as glass and the slide stop is too.

Your right CJB! My PM9, 500+ rounds, is much easier than the CM45 200+ rounds. I have a brass machine screw that I use to push the CM45 pin through the slide. PM9 slides right out.

Why Does it Lock Up, other Guns seem to have the same Type of Set Up? When they Show it on Kahr Video I feel Stupid it seems so easy. Still a Great Gun, Love that PM9