Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New CW380 - Is this normal wear for a brand new gun?

I went ahead and emailed the pics to Kahr and was told the marks/finish on the slide was normal. Also mentioned the crown and he said "Not sure about the crown but this will not effect the functionality of your firearm."

I'd send the barrel back to Kahr and request a new one. A poor crown may not impair functionality, but it will damn sure effect accuracy.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I am a new guy around here and not a gunsmith, but I have a CW380. Have only put 200 rounds through it. I cant see anything on your slide,your crown looks a bit rough to me. My concern would be the exterior of the barrel. I do not have a single mark of any kind on either side of the barrel. Top of the breach( or whatever the square block on the back of the barrel is called) part of the barrel on mine has a few shiny spots. If you bought it in a local shop I would let them take a look at your gun. Something is not right. IMHO Bob
    Last edited by Arkansas Bob; 01-27-2016 at 01:38 PM.

I mentioned the accuracy issues with the crown. They said I could send the slide and barrel in and they would replacethe barrrel. I'd rather not have to pay to ship something back that should have been caught before leaving the factory. If I go that route what can I expect for turn around time?

I've been trying to find pictures of other cw380 barrels to see if I can see any others with similar marks, rough crown. I mentioned to the CS rep that I had worked the slide a few times, mostly with magazine in to familiar myself with the platform and to dry fire which the kahr website states is ok. I was told that Kahr does not recommend hand racking the slide! Not sure what to do here. Going to take some good pictures tonight and maybe repost or just send them along to Kahr. I'm not looking for something for nothing I just want to make sure I'm getting what I paid for.

You shouldn't have to pay a dime. Are you talking to Ian or Matt? Ask them to send you a FedEx label so you can send the items back. The barrel doesn't look terrible but I agree with the posters, your crown is ugly.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending just the slide and barrel in is much cheaper than sending the whole gun. It's unusual that they don't want the whole gun if they plan to replace the barrel.

I don't know where he's coming from on the no recommending hand racking unless he's referring to chambering the first round with the slide lock.

Certainly no harm in racking the heck out of the slide.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

^my p380. Your crown should look clean like that.

A couple pics of my barrel. P380 has about 300 rounds through it. Very tight gun.

OD, PM inbound.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm dealing with Matt. Thanks for the pics. That's what I would expect to see. Thanks fellas.