Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New CW380 - Is this normal wear for a brand new gun?

what about the inside of the slide where that scuff mark is on the barrel. is there any wear or marks on the inside of the slide as well? Are ther any indications of premature wear anywhere on the inside of the slide?

Get a small Flat Rate Priority Box. It's cheap and quick just for the barrel and slide.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I'm not nearly the expert these other guys are when it comes to firearms but I have a pm9 with over 5,000 rounds through it and it doesn't look anything like that. I like to buy things "new" and take good care of them and while that may not effect function I would not have been a happy camper if mine looked anything like yours. Would be like buying a new car with dents already in it.
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Just so you know there is about a 4 week turn around time on service at Kahr.

I know because I sent in a p380 (twice, so far for service).

The pm9 isn't as tight tolerance wise as the p380. I have a pm9 with just shy of 10k rounds in it and the barrel looks less "beat" than my p380 with 300 rounds. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can now see the corresponding wear marks on the right side of the slide where the slide tapers to the barrel opening. The right side of the slide has the marks but the left side has what looks to me like a little raised ridge. I don't know how one side is getting wear and not the other. Charging my camera battery now and going to take some pics. Looking at the crown under good light, it is definitely not smooth. There are raised burrs, parts looks chipped, and it is in no way uniform. I'm not thrilled hearing about the possibility of a 4 week turnaround time. And at my expense.

Looks like the barrel is running off-axis, crooked, tilted to one side, whatever you want to call it. Just my observation. I'd sure send it off, reluctantly. I feel your pain, OD!

It's a BRAND NEW gun! For Pete's sake, tell Kahr nicely that something is wrong and have them send you replacement parts or a label to return the slide and barrel or the entire gun. Be calm, but firm about not paying for warranty service. If you purchased it locally, you should have them look at it first and get their advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ODGreenThumb View Post
    I can now see the corresponding wear marks on the right side of the slide where the slide tapers to the barrel opening. The right side of the slide has the marks but the left side has what looks to me like a little raised ridge. I don't know how one side is getting wear and not the other. Charging my camera battery now and going to take some pics. Looking at the crown under good light, it is definitely not smooth. There are raised burrs, parts looks chipped, and it is in no way uniform. I'm not thrilled hearing about the possibility of a 4 week turnaround time. And at my expense.

More than likely if you send the pistol back it sounds like they'll replace the barrel & slide....

Sounds like its going back. Here's an album of better images if you're interested. http://imgur.com/a/7aehW

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

With that damage I'd send it back too. Where did you purchase the gun? That crown job is a joke, someone musta been high when they made that POS. Goes back to the ol'sayin "hit it with a bigger hammer, eventually it'll fit."
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets