Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 Vision again!

Default 20/20 Vision again!

I just had my 2nd cataract surgery Monday, and I now have 20/20 vision in both of my eyes. They shot a laser into my eyeballs to measure them, and built any needed correction into the lenses they implanted into my eyes. Man it's nice to not need glasses anymore, except reading glasses for reading and doing things close up. I do have to go to the Drivers License office and bring a note from the Eye Doctor that they corrected my vision and have the Corrective Lenses Needed removed from my DL. I'll probably wait a week or so to do that, my eye is still a little swollen and not quite down to 20/20, it measured 20/25 yesterday, but once the swelling goes down it should be 20/20.
    It's funny, my left eye got all blurry to where I couldn't see out of it and went in for an eye exam and he said I had a bad cataract in my left eye, and a not so bad one in my right eye. I noticed that after my left eye healed up, that white things appeared bright white, but when looking through my right eye, everything had a brown tint to it. Now everything looks brighter and there is no tint in either eye.
    I wish I had done this years ago, but I didn't know I had cataracts until my left eye got too blurry to see out of. It was gradual, so it was hard to notice, and seemed like the blurriness came and went, until one day it never cleared up.
    I watched some cataract surgeries on You Tube to know what to expect, and it looks pretty gruesome, all the stuff they poke right into your eye, under the outer Cornea I think its called, (the clear part on the outside of your eye), but they numbed the eyes up real well, and I barely felt a thing. Plus they had an IV with some happy juice hooked up, so it wasn't bad at all.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

That's great!

My far vision is pretty good, but my near vision sucks. I use 2.50 reading glasses and recently got some polycarbonate shooting glasses with the 2.50 bifocal part on the top. I've only tried them once, but it's supposed to help with focusing on the front sight and then raising your head a tiny bit to see what you're aiming at.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks,
    I was able to see the front sight pretty well, using my left eye after it had healed up. I just need the reading glasses for things well within an arms length distance. I just hope my left eye didn't become dominant while waiting for my right eye surgery. I may have to put a patch over the left eye for awhile after the right eye heals up to make it the dominant eye again.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Congratulations! I had lasik over 15 years ago to correct my lousy vision. I had to put on my glasses to see the floor in the morning. I know what it's like to see again. I have readers of various strengths all over the place, never have to look for them, something is right there.

Congratulations, It is a remarkable change isn't it. I wore contacts for about 20 years and they worked. But the biggest change I immediately noticed after cataract surgery was how much brighter everything was. Hell, I forgot what white looked like. All colors took on a whole new dimension. And I must say I saw the front sight on the MK9 a whole lot sharper.

They told you if you didn't stop, you'd go blind!

Glad its a good to go thing!

My eyes, still manageable with bifocals.

The hearing... is pretty much a goner.

Good deal! My eyesight is hanging in there. I only need readers. My hearing is pretty good too. My LISTENING is another matter altogether.
    ​O|||||||O

Oh....all this eye talk...I have to go for eye surgery in the morning. I recently developed a detached retina in my left eye. I was hoping to get sympathy $#x but no such luck...wife not buying it.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Congrats! I had lens replacement in both eyes 7 or 8 years ago - greatest move I could have made. No more glasses except "sun" of course.

Red dot sights sure do help the visually impaired!