Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW380 fresh out the box FTF on every round

Default CW380 fresh out the box FTF on every round

Good day folks,
    This past weekend I reach it recently purchased a new cw380.
    I had taken the gun to field strip and oiled according to the owners guide.
    Having my concealed weapons license I was off to the range to accomplish the 200+ round break in regimen.
    Opening the box and eagerly place in a full column of new Remington 95 grain cartridges in the magazine.
    Pulled back the slide to the locked position, inserted the magazine and release the slide lock.
    Everything sounds good so far until the first rounds rim got lodged in the ejector. And every successive round behind this did also.
    After approximately 10 rounds of this occurring I decided it would be best to stop these attempts.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this before I simply call Kaha and ship it back.

Your input is greatly appreciated thank you guys again.

Macc

So the slide did not close all the way?

Only that you might let somebody used to tiny pistols give it a try. If the same thing happens, send it back.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Thanks so much for the replies kcarr and slow.
    Yes the slide only makes it about a third of the way closed.
    I even took out my pair of micrometer and check my cartridges.

Macc

My first suggestion would be to check that the extractor moves smoothly and has adequate travel.
    Next, disassemble the magazine and make sure the spring is correctly oriented to the follower; while it's apart smooth any sharp edges on the feed lips.
    Still no joy, read this: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...tery-on-CW-380 (or contact Kahr Customer Service).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I totally understand newest and your frustration. I had to send back a p380 twice before it would function properly. 1st time out, 100 rounds, about 80% failures. 4 weeks at kahr....2nd time out 100 rounds almost 100% failure (i was pissed).... Just got it back yesterday, took it out today, first 50 rounds I had at least 75% failures. Shot another 50 and it was maybe 25%.... The next 100 I had 1 failure (weak hand, possible limp wrist). 50 rounds of critical defense, 100%!

This is the best 380 on the market, unfortunately they sometimes have issues. Kahr is good about taking care of their customers, even if it takes multiple visits .

Both times the armorer comments were

"Reworked ejector"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gb and for the comments stony, I'll check the magazine spring and you mentioned checking the feed lips. The under side of the mag lips? The part that touches the front portion of the cartrige, before it leaves the magazine, correct?

Your time is really appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Macc View Post
    Thanks gb and for the comments stony, I'll check the magazine spring and you mentioned checking the feed lips. The under side of the mag lips? The part that touches the front portion of the cartrige, before it leaves the magazine, correct?

Your time is really appreciated!
    Yes, that is correct.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Greg, I'll check it out in the morning, and report back

Hello Macc. Like you I had nothing but problems with my new Cw380. I brought it home from the first range trip got on here and started searching for answers. This place is a goldmine of info for Kahr owners. I followed the new Kahr prep to the letter, mag fixes polish job etc. Major improvement next time out. At about 150 rnds my little jewel decided it had caused me enough headaches and suddenly started running like a well tuned Singer. Bottom line, don't give up buddy. When this bronco is broken in it becomes an excellent rider.