Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Sig

Default My first Sig

My son and I went to the gunshow today and a pair of Sigs followed us home. He adopted a 229 Legion and I just got through feeding my new 226 Legion 50 rounds out back. This is my first Sig and I'm really digging it. I was actually looking for a 226 Tacops in FDE, but after fondling the Legion I couldn't resist. What's that phone number to Gun Buyers Anonymous again?
    IMG_20160130_163358158.jpgIMG_20160130_163058208.jpg

Have to start calling you Sigrocker, nice gun. I like the new Legion series.

The Legions are supposed to have a fantastic trigger, tell us it is so.
    NRA Benefactor

scotty likey
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

Sweet!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

My Miami PD 229 .40 cal, is one of my most accurate guns! enjoy!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    The Legions are supposed to have a fantastic trigger, tell us it is so.
    Fired a Legion and the trigger is better but NOT what SIG and their kool aid drinkers have hyped it to be. I shot a Legion side by side with my P320 and the striker fired P320 is superior IMHO.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Fired a Legion and the trigger is better but NOT what SIG and their kool aid drinkers have hyped it to be. I shot a Legion side by side with my P320 and the striker fired P320 is superior IMHO.
    Being as I shoot striker fired pistols a lot more frequently than anything else, the 320 trigger feels excellent to me also. It's more "natural" to me. I posted a while back that the 320 was next on my list, but I was holding out for the .45 subcompact which to my knowledge still hasn't been released. I haven't actually shot a 320 yet, but have dry fired a few and will admit (forgive me Gaston) that the trigger is much better than a stock Glock. The DA/SA on the 226 is going to take me a few more rounds downrange to get really comfortable with, however it is silky smooth in DA and SA and the reset is SUPER short < 1/8". Been a while since I've shot a Sig DA/SA and I don't own one to compare it to. The DA is better than any DA revolver that I ever remember pulling the trigger on. It actually feels very similar to the Kahr trigger in that there is no stacking and the break is a surprise. Sig says 10 lb. DA and I think 4.4 SA but it feels lighter than that. I don't have a gauge and my finger ain't been calibrated lately. LZ you are correct in that there is a lot of hype and silly marketing going on with the Legion series, however that had no influence on my purchase. What did it for me were the aesthetics and the overall feel of the pistol. The grip, the undercut frame at the trigger guard, 3 mags, the gray PVD finish, and the sights (which Sig calls their new X-RAY hi viz day/ night sights) were all big selling points. The gun is definitely a shooter. My initial groups were almost as good as I can do with my Kimber, which is the tightest shooter I have. Overall really pleased so far. Maybe by the time the 320 comes out in the .45 sub my bank account will have recovered.

226's are cool too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    Being as I shoot striker fired pistols a lot more frequently than anything else, the 320 trigger feels excellent to me also. It's more "natural" to me. I posted a while back that the 320 was next on my list, but I was holding out for the .45 subcompact which to my knowledge still hasn't been released. I haven't actually shot a 320 yet, but have dry fired a few and will admit (forgive me Gaston) that the trigger is much better than a stock Glock. The DA/SA on the 226 is going to take me a few more rounds downrange to get really comfortable with, however it is silky smooth in DA and SA and the reset is SUPER short < 1/8". Been a while since I've shot a Sig DA/SA and I don't own one to compare it to. The DA is better than any DA revolver that I ever remember pulling the trigger on. It actually feels very similar to the Kahr trigger in that there is no stacking and the break is a surprise. Sig says 10 lb. DA and I think 4.4 SA but it feels lighter than that. I don't have a gauge and my finger ain't been calibrated lately. LZ you are correct in that there is a lot of hype and silly marketing going on with the Legion series, however that had no influence on my purchase. What did it for me were the aesthetics and the overall feel of the pistol. The grip, the undercut frame at the trigger guard, 3 mags, the gray PVD finish, and the sights (which Sig calls their new X-RAY hi viz day/ night sights) were all big selling points. The gun is definitely a shooter. My initial groups were almost as good as I can do with my Kimber, which is the tightest shooter I have. Overall really pleased so far. Maybe by the time the 320 comes out in the .45 sub my bank account will have recovered.
    My Legion P229 trigger is far smoother in DA than either of my P320s, or any of my Sigs and in SA it is close to a good tuned 1911. I'm not terribly surprised as my plebeian, run of the mill old faithful P229 has a really good trigger as well. Imo the only way to improve the Legion P229 is if they offer it in a P229 without the rail. You must have an exceptional P320, congrats.