Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Caucus

I have to smile when I think of Rand Paul. He actually takes himself seriously. Bump bump bump, another one bites the dust.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

With Santorum out, I will be throwing my full support behind....Jim Gilmore. He has never said anything I disagree with. Of course, I haven't heard him say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    FYI
    A quick check of who's who. The Conservative Review gives Ted Cruz a 97% conservative rating and Marco Rubio a 79% conservative rating. The American Conservative Action Union rates Ted Cruz as 100% conservative and Rubio a 96% conservative rating. Herritage Action rates Ted Cruz 100% conservative and Marco Rubio at 94% conservative. The NRA gives Ted Cruz an A+ rating. The NRA rates Marco Rubio as B+.
    Not sure about the other stuff, but I believe Marco currently has an A rating from the NRA. He's my senator and he's solid on the 2A.

For a time, the NRA downgraded him to B+ in the early 2000s. It was because he didn't initially back a Florida law which says employers can't prevent employees from bringing guns and leaving them in their cars in the employer's parking lot. Rubio was undecided until it was redrafted to apply to concealed permit holders after which he supported it and it passed.

I have to admit that one put me on the fence too. Business owners have property rights and should be allowed to say if guns are prohibited on their property. On the other hand an employee who wants to exercise his right to carry has no practical way to do it even off the job site because if he can't leave his gun in the car, then on a work day he'd have to leave it home. Having the law apply to citizens with a permit to conceal their guns is as good a compromise as I can think of, although not perfect.

In the big picture the differences between the 2 are slight. The main reason I prefer Rubio is I think he's a bit stronger and smarter on national security, defense and foreign policy, my first priority for a prez. Cruz has displayed a little Rand Paul type streak on that subject. A secondary but also important difference is I think he's more electable. I'd like Rs to nominate someone who will actually win. Not saying Cruz won't, but Rubio has a better shot.

Trump on the other hand... Now he's saying Cruz beat him in Iowa by cheating. What a loser. If Trump gets the nom, I'll vote for him, but I'll have a clothespin on my nose.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Rubio stood with Schumer on immigration reform seeking a path to citizenship for people who entered this country illegally. I believe that our right to self protection superseded and employers property rights. No where in the constitution does it say that your constitutional rights end at your employer's property line.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

You know in the end it doesn't really matter which Republican candidate gets the nod he will get my vote just to get rid of the current muzzie lover a-hole that is living in our house now....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lim-americans/

He's gone no matter who gets elected unless he's appointed to the Supreme Court.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I just projectile vomited.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I believe that our right to self protection superseded and employers property rights. No where in the constitution does it say that your constitutional rights end at your employer's property line.
    What if you're not an employer? Does it supercede everyone's property rights? For example if you say that I'm welcome in your home as long as I don't bring a gun, do I have the right to enter your home with a gun regardless of your wishes?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

It was on the news yesterday how Cruz spread the rumor that Carson had dropped out, and asked his delegates to vote for him, so he won with his and Carson's delegates. That sure doesn't sound very honest to me. I'm not sure I could support a bald faced liar, that pretends he's goody two-shoes, and oh so religious and conservative. He did apologize to Carson, after Carson raised hell about it.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

I say that's all a smokescreen. The Des Moins Register says something stinks in the Democrat Party, over the vote count.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...results-218731
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101