Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SmartCarry

Default SmartCarry

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Wore it half of yesterday and all of today. Was in some non-permissive environments and never got a second look. Pretty comfortable too. Anyone else use this method? What are your experiences?

Right front pocket of my Wrangler's... works for me.

I usually have to wear dress pants for work. As much as I have been a staunch supporter of pocket carry for the past couple years, I find that in dress pants the pocket holster rig sometimes flops around too much as I move, sit, etc. and is sometimes more likely to print in other dress pants. I can carry a larger firearm comfortably in the SmartCarry so far. In other pants the pocket carry is still pretty great.

When I wear swim trunks I wear the SmartCarry. Works great. I can do whatever I want and it stay concealed, up to a G19. (But generally a CM9)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by TimtheRef View Post
    Got mine in the mail yesterday. Wore it half of yesterday and all of today. Was in some non-permissive environments and never got a second look. Pretty comfortable too. Anyone else use this method? What are your experiences?
    What gun were you carrying?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

CM9 plus an extra mag.

Quote Originally Posted by TimtheRef View Post
    I EDC with an UrbanCarry. Kind of the same thing.
    I normally wear a suit to work, so it conceals nicely. I've never been called out.
    alot of people don't like under the waistband holsters, but it works for me. The only time i carry OWB is in the winter when I'm wearing a jacket, I sometimes carry in a yaqui holster.

No beige or pink, though!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Agree with everyone above.
    EDC is CM9 pocket carry. For deeper concealment,sitting down for long periods, or light weight pants I use the Tacti-Pac Elite .40 S&W Shield with XS Big Dot night sights.
    Surprisingly comfortable. More comfort with "stretchy" boxers than my usual cotton boxers.
    Advantages: The "boys" are protected against low blows, no pants belt is needed, a one handed draw.
    Disadvantages; probably not comfortable with tighty whities, can't undress at gym with out exposing firearm.
    Wife notices the grip bulge every time(< I have no follow-up comment to this).

Do you wear Speedos?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
    When I wear swim trunks I wear the SmartCarry. Works great. I can do whatever I want and it stay concealed, up to a G19. (But generally a CM9)