Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Front sight height for cw380

Default Front sight height for cw380

I'm looking at the Dawson fiber optic front sight for my cw380. Does anyone know off hand which height sight works with the factory rear sight? They list a .125x .100 and .180 x .125. Also, anyone have this combo? If so, do you like it?

https://dawsonprecision.com/kahr-cw380-fiber-optic-front-sights/

I don't have an answer for you but I know that Dawson has some pretty sharp cookies.

I've inquired before about officers guns and stuff and they are good at figuring stuff out. Might be worth a call.

I don't know about the 380's but many Kahrs are a bit challenging to get the sights off, some really tough.

Might be worth checking what they get for the install if your not set up prepared to take on the task.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Here's what they had to say: "Usually they are at .180 tall. But I would strongly recommend that you measure the sight to be sure, especially if it shoots on."

I was hoping someone has the same set up. Looks like the front sight on the cw380 is easy to replace. If I'm not mistaken, you just rip the old one off and screw on the new one with some loctite.

Aw your right, I wasn't in CW mode. Easy to swap.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Can anyone speak to the Dawson fiber front/ kahr rear sight combo? I have night sights front and rear on both my other home defense type pistols, but honestly I doubt I would even use sights in a situation like that. Is there a downside to the fiber front? The CW would only be a pocket carry for me. Edit: Buddy got a Sig 226 Legion with the trijicon HD sights. Anything like that available for cw380? I love that huge green front sight.

I put a Dawson fiber optic front sight on my PM9. Outdoors, it is fantastic. It picks-up ambient light and shows bright. Indoors, it's not nearly as good. The red fiber optic is harder to acquire than a standard white dot. And in low light, it is downright lousy. This is no fault of the manufacturer, just a limitation of fiber optics.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

As a compensation for aging eyes I installed a set of PM9 sights on my P380. The gun still shoots to point of aim if I cover what I want to hit with the white dot. I normally point shoot the P380 and look for minute of pie plate accuracy, but it's nice to know that I can choose to use the sights and pick out exactly where I want to hit the perp if necessary.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thanks guys, maybe I'll hold off for a while. May end up with their night sight.