Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: M1 Carbines

Default M1 Carbines

It looks like the M1 Carbine is making a comeback. I am seeing a lot of M1 Carbines at club CMP and NRA matches. I am also seeing them at 3 Gun Matches.

Is anyone else seeing an increase in M1 Carbines at High Power and USPSA 3 Gun Matches?

If you mean GI M1 Carbines they are still not overly abundant, with none coming in from overseas, and nice ones bring $800-1000 and if pristine up to $2000. From all I've read, the AO Carbine has not met with much success and the new M1 Carbine which uses the wartime brand of Inland (but has no relation to the original Inland) is still too new to know much about it. Check out the CMP forum for more details about GI Carbines.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

Good lord, they had 'em by the barrel in Ward's City. Literally. A big wood barrel full of 'em. Several barrels in fact. Your pick, $49.00. Of course that was the mid 1960's.

I got mine. What's not to like? History, quality, accuracy....

I haven't done a 3 gun (yet) but it looks like fun. I kinda figured I'd run the M1 carbine when I do. Why not? I'd be doing it just for the fun anyway. And the darn thing shoots scary straight. At least with me behind the trigger.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Good lord, they had 'em by the barrel in Ward's City. Literally. A big wood barrel full of 'em. Several barrels in fact. Your pick, $49.00. Of course that was the mid 1960's.
    The passing of 51+ years tends to change prices.