Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Range report. Function tests before and after Lakeland Follower. CW45

Smile Range report. Function tests before and after Lakeland Follower. CW45

CW45> 400 rounds, new recoil spring. Test for function using **weak hand only**
    Hardball 100%
    Remington Ultimate Defense Compact Handgun 230 gr. 100%
    PoweRBall 165 gr. +P 100%
    All the below FTF= hung up on feed ramp;always 2nd or 3rd round in magazine.
    Remington Golden Saber 185 gr. +P
    Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr. FTX
    Federal HST 230 gr.
    Speer Gold Dot 230 gr.
    Remington Golden Saber 185 gr.

Lakeland follower Installed. Using weak (left) hand only**
    Remington Golden Saber 230 gr. FTF hung-up on ramp.
    Federal HST 230 gr. 100% (previously also had hang-ups on both strong hand only and 2 hand hold)
    Remington Golden Saber185 gr. +P 100% (previously 100% for both strong hand only and 2 hand hold)

I now feel comfortable adding Federal HST and Rem 185+P to my defense carry rounds. Fed HST is my favorite,but can be hard to find ,as is PoweRBall. Rem Gold Saber 185 gr.+P easier to find, but has more "rolling" recoil compared to HST.

Thanks Alfonsie

Glad it's all good. Thanks!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Nice report. Nose dive FTF's can be caused by the nose of the projectile striking the slide stop. You might want to check to see if this is the case with your gun. It's an easy fix if it is.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thanks I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Nice report. Nose dive FTF's can be caused by the nose of the projectile striking the slide stop. You might want to check to see if this is the case with your gun. It's an easy fix if it is.
    I have a new CM9 that has "nose dives" about 30% of the time, only with the first round in an OEM 6 round magazine. I'm using the slide stop to release the slide. This happens with Speer Lawman 12 FMJ rounds; not with Fed Am Eagle 147 gr FMFP or Blazer Brass 115 FMJs.

How do I determine if the slide stop and bullet are contacting to cause the nose dive, and what is the fix?

Thanks.

Remove the slide from the frame, re-install the slide stop. Now insert a loaded magazine. You should be able to observe the slide stop and bullet nose, at the same time see if there is any contact. If there is, contact Kahr and tell them you need a new slide stop. Meanwhile back at farm, since you have a replacement on the way, you can now carefully remove a little material from the slide stop until the bullet no longer contacts it. If you remove too much, the slide may not lock back on an empty magazine.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    Remove the slide from the frame, re-install the slide stop. Now insert a loaded magazine. You should be able to observe the slide stop and bullet nose, at the same time see if there is any contact. If there is, contact Kahr and tell them you need a new slide stop. Meanwhile back at farm, since you have a replacement on the way, you can now carefully remove a little material from the slide stop until the bullet no longer contacts it. If you remove too much, the slide may not lock back on an empty magazine.
    Thanks, I'll be cleaning my Kahr in a day or two and will try that test you mention. Hate to mess with the slide stop. Will Kahr just send me a new one without having me return the entire pistol, or the old slide stop at least? That would be great customer care!