Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Shopping for a Desert Eagle in 44 mag

Default Shopping for a Desert Eagle in 44 mag

A the title says, I'm shopping for a new pistol. I was thinking of getting a Mk XIX in 44 mag with a nickel finish, but in reading around I'm starting to get the impression that the nickel finish may flake of with time.

What's the experience of users here and what's the most durable finish? I was hoping to get something other than black, but will steer clear if there are durability issues with the finish.

Thanks!

I have a MDE380 nickel and the finish ain't going nowhere. Are they the same?
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    I have a MDE380 nickel and the finish ain't going nowhere. Are they the same?
    i assume so if you're referring to a factory nickel finish. How often do you shoot it and how long have you had it?

I don't shoot it often but it lives in and out of an Uncle Mike's holster and there is absolutely NO holster wear at all. It's a pistol that bounces around in my nightstand drawer and get's shoved in a pocket when I'm too lazy to gear up normal. I don't think it's abused but it's no safe queen either. It's probably about 4-5 years old. It's a really good finish IMHO.
    ​O|||||||O

^^^ that makes me think of a good point. The pistols in my signature (add a J-frame Airweight) are my working pistols. They get carried and practiced with regularly. A major factor in their choice is how well they hold up to use. Every one of them looks brand new despite being as much as 15 years old. I can vouch for all of them.
    ​O|||||||O

Thanks! Do you have matte or bright nickel?n Good to know that it's durable. Thanks for the guidance.

Bright
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Wellardmac View Post
    A the title says, I'm shopping for a new pistol. I was thinking of getting a Mk XIX in 44 mag with a nickel finish, but in reading around I'm starting to get the impression that the nickel finish may flake of with time.

What's the experience of users here and what's the most durable finish? I was hoping to get something other than black, but will steer clear if there are durability issues with the finish.

Thanks!

I'm with you on the "other than black"

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!