Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Reminds me of the sign outside of my favorite bar: "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear."

Or this bars sign.....

"Adult Day Care Center"
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I've never had too much to drink, but I have been over served on occasion.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Hang in there, Muggsy. I got a TURP on Feb. 23... RotoRooter up the urinary system and reamed out the prostate. Had good drugs and later all the oxycodone I could use. I have some pictures if anyone is interested... the before... another experience with just a local anesthesia. I posted the cystoscopy photos on my Facebook.
    Last edited by wyntrout; 03-10-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks, Wyn. You have to be a man to go through something like that, so to speak. There aren't many women who go through it, if any.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Women have their particular problems, but I was lucky... no cancer detected before or after. It's amazing what they can do these days without having to cut you open for everything.

I'm the oldest in my family... 3, well 2 younger brothers. The next oldest died of multiple cancers November 2014 and the next oldest now has a defibrillator battery pack on one side and a drug pump on the other side. He was just turned down as a transplant candidate after much study. He's only 61 and has had several bouts with cancer and developed the heart trouble from the cancer treatments. He did benefit from some of the first stem cell treatments and he's been cancer free, but not problem free.

My heart seems to be okay and I've been using a lot of supplements and prescription drugs as needed to go along with a major diet change to try to stay healthy.

Take care!

Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Reminds me of the sign outside of my favorite bar: "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear."
    Reminds me of our last visit to Las Vegas..... (just sayin')

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Isn't it something to do with how many licks to the center of a tootsie roll?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Hang in there, Muggsy. I got a TRUP on Feb. 23... RotoRooter up the urinary system and reamed out the prostate. Had good drugs and later all the oxycodone I could use. I have some pictures if anyone is interested... the before... another experience with just a local anesthesia. I posted the cystoscopy photos on my Facebook.
    How did that procedure work out for you? I have heard great results in those that do not have BHP as most of us over 50 have.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I hear "Green Laser Therapy" is a lot less painful and better than "Rotorooter"

I can really go now and empty my bladder. It will be a while until the "pink" stops, I guess. I don't know how it's going to affect me with regard to sex, but being able to go quickly and empty my bladder as a young guy again, is terrific.

The morning after I got home, I was taking a leak and passed a piece of the growth the doctor cut out. It was about as big as the last section of my little finger sliced diagonally lengthwise... kind of "Wow! What was that?" I fished it out and took pictures and measurements for the doctor. Jokingly, I think, he asked if I had saved it for them. I settled for the pictures and put them on my phone to show him.

There wasn't as much pain as I would have thought and the oxycodone really helped, though the first two nurses that night didn't mention the doctor having prescribed the oxy for pain. The midnight nurse was really on the ball... young and cute. She got me a pill as needed and really took care of me, emptying the catheter bag at least once an hour. The second nurse had let it go way too long and had to get a washtub to empty the bag. There were three IV bags going at once with hydration and antibiotics, so I had a lot of output.

I had to wear a catheter until the following Monday... 6 days total after the op. I was sure glad to get rid of that.

I kind of waylaid Muggsy's post here.

I'll post my cystoscopy photos in My World album. Click on the wyntrout.

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and