Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I do with my CW380?

Keep it clean and well-oiled (be sure to disassemble the slide and clean inside the striker channel), keep fresh recoil springs in it and only run Hornady Critical Defense or other conical-bullet loads. That's how I keep mine running. You can't let these pistols get too dirty or expect them to run with wide or blunt-nosed ammo, because they won't.

Sell it to me. I wouldn't mind another CW380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Extractor or extractor channel gunked up? My P40 developed failures to fully chamber and I finally detail stripped the slide. The extractor and train of pins(front and rear) and spring had accumulated too much oil and debris. It worked fine after I cleaned that up. I ran the extractor train dry this time. I had been wiping a tiny bit of oil onto the exposed part of the extractor and front pin.

The extractor and ejector should be examined.

Good luck. My P380 is the pistol I wear more, especially around the house and to doctor appointments, or for most concealment. I use +P Gold Dots by Underwood for defense.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have a flawless cm9, and keep thinking a cw380 would be nice and I get tempted, then read posts like yours. I have a cz83 in 380 and it's my best shooting pistol. I guess I'll be content with it. But what I did do is win a black K9 auction for a good price so now I'm curious about an mk9... Dumb how these just keep growing on me!

Quote Originally Posted by ZardozCZ View Post
    I have a flawless cm9, and keep thinking a cw380 would be nice and I get tempted, then read posts like yours. I have a cz83 in 380 and it's my best shooting pistol. I guess I'll be content with it. But what I did do is win a black K9 auction for a good price so now I'm curious about an mk9... Dumb how these just keep growing on me!
    I have owned a CZ83 in 380 for over 20 years now. Great pistol. If would feed a brick if you could get one into the magazine. However, the CZ83 is not a pocket pistol by any means.

I have a older black diamond P380. It does not function reliable with any fmj ammo and I am OK with it. The gun has been 100% flawless with the Hornady Critical Defense which is what matters to me since it is my carry gun. I think the size and function of the P380/CW380 is perfect and I am OK with it not being a range gun. I will note that the PM9's I have had have been flawless with any ammo. I wish it was the size of the P380

Since the frame on my P380 was replaced I've run well in excess of 5,000 flawless rounds through it. It's keeping my pocket warm as I write. I also run Hornady Critical Duty as my defensive round, but this little gun will digest anything, but flat point ammo. Give the Critical Defense or Critical Duty ammo a try. New mag springs and deburring the mag feed lips might help with the nose dive problem, too.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Shoot cheaper ammo

Thanks for the input everyone. I decided to cut any further losses and headaches and trade in on it. Picked up a M&P Sheild 9mm and haven't had a single failure after now 80 rounds. It's bad when you get excited that you just quadrupled your flawless round count with a new gun compared to one with 600 rounds.
    Every time Kahr fixed one problem, another one took its place. I mean when when you have to choose between having the slide lock not work on empty or having premature lockbacks (two different slide stop springs from Kahr), and also having a gun that can't cycle any ammo with better than 95% reliability after warranty service for that very issue, I have a poor view of the product and Kahr's expertise. I loved the concept of the gun, hated the finished product and lack of skill or energy by Kahr to correct the problem. Too many stories here of up to 3 trips to Kahr to get things fixed, which is unacceptable. I figured with the cost of ammo testing after each trip if I made it to the magic 3 as it looked like that was the direction it was heading, I was better of ditching the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirk05 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone. I decided to cut any further losses and headaches and trade in on it. Picked up a M&P Sheild 9mm and haven't had a single failure after now 80 rounds. It's bad when you get excited that you just quadrupled your flawless round count with a new gun compared to one with 600 rounds.
    Every time Kahr fixed one problem, another one took its place. I mean when when you have to choose between having the slide lock not work on empty or having premature lockbacks (two different slide stop springs from Kahr), and also having a gun that can't cycle any ammo with better than 95% reliability after warranty service for that very issue, I have a poor view of the product and Kahr's expertise. I loved the concept of the gun, hated the finished product and lack of skill or energy by Kahr to correct the problem. Too many stories here of up to 3 trips to Kahr to get things fixed, which is unacceptable. I figured with the cost of ammo testing after each trip if I made it to the magic 3 as it looked like that was the direction it was heading, I was better of ditching the thing.
    You will be happy with the Shield. I have 2 Shields, a Shield 9 and a Shield 9 Performance Center. They both have performed flawlessly right out of the box. I have run over 1000 rounds between them without a single malfunction.

I had a CW380 as well, but I ended up selling it. It ran OK, but just when I would think I had it running right, it would throw a malfunction or two at me (usually a failure to go into battery or a FTE or a stovepipe), so I couldn't fully trust it as a carry gun. My CW45, on the other hand, is running fine and is part of my carry rotation, but it took two trips back to the factory to get it that way. My CW9 has run fine out of the box, save for two broken mag followers.

I have S&W's (both 1911 and M&P's), Glocks, Sigs, and a RIA 1911. All have performed flawlessly out of the box without any malfunctions. I can't say that for my Kahrs. I really like my Kahrs because of the unique features and design, but it's not easy sometimes...
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm