Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you noticed

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    all I can say for sure, trump himself bragged that some 20k democrats pushed the button for him ..... in one state.

I'm just not sure about begging currently disenfranchised democrats to join what I thought was to be a conservative revival movement. It's kinda like having big city out of state-ers move into your Southern rural neighborhood and attempt to change everything for them to feel more like what they left behind. All I have to do is visit Austin to see the decrepit decline.

jd
    Shows like Reagan, they don't like their own choices....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

invoking the Ronald Reagan time period to trump is being delusional. From the 1950's through the 1970's, the Republican and Democrat parties were steadily shifting gears. As a Southerner, I can tell you for a fact the most Southerners were Democrats up until the true nature of that party began showing it's true "progressive" nature beginning in the early to mid 60's. Don't forget the so called "Rockefeller Republicans" label, wherein ALL Republicans were considered to be the "rich fat cats", and the Democrats were the "working man" class. During the period of the 50's through the 70's, the "silent majority" (basically Christian conservatives) steadily moved to the Republican party and the South generally turned from "blue to red". Reagan's move to the Republican party was due to a complete morphing of the two parties and he never had a total re-birth of principles and convictions. It's true he, like all of us in time, changed some of his opinions, but nothing so great as to disqualify his deeply rooted conservative and patriotic roots. Reagan's move, like he said, was due to the Democratic party leaving him and not just him leaving the Democrat party. These thousands of party hoppers in this primary are doubtful to be making their move to vote Republican for anything near the convictions of Reagan.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    invoking the Ronald Reagan time period to trump is being delusional. From the 1950's through the 1970's, the Republican and Democrat parties were steadily shifting gears. As a Southerner, I can tell you for a fact the most Southerners were Democrats up until the true nature of that party began showing it's true "progressive" nature beginning in the early to mid 60's. Don't forget the so called "Rockefeller Republicans" label, wherein ALL Republicans were considered to be the "rich fat cats", and the Democrats were the "working man" class. During the period of the 50's through the 70's, the "silent majority" (basically Christian conservatives) steadily moved to the Republican party and the South generally turned from "blue to red". Reagan's move to the Republican party was due to a complete morphing of the two parties and he never had a total re-birth of principles and convictions. It's true he, like all of us in time, changed some of his opinions, but nothing so great as to disqualify his deeply rooted conservative and patriotic roots. Reagan's move, like he said, was due to the Democratic party leaving him and not just him leaving the Democrat party. These thousands of party hoppers in this primary are doubtful to be making their move to vote Republican for anything near the convictions of Reagan.

jd
    The parties are still morphing IMHO. The GOP will change the most after this election.
    I am the Living Man

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    The parties are still morphing IMHO. The GOP will change the most after this election.
    I agree. If in fact a lot of these current party jumpers decide to stay in the Republican party, the Republican party will be even more moderate and "establishment" oriented than ever before. Say goodbye to true conservatism.

jd

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Agreed. I think Trump may lose big, dragging many Rs on the ticket down with him. In the aftermath the remnant of the party is likely to be a smaller more cohesive and conservative group.

But they may be a permanent minority for a long time with no ability to hinder leftists or Islamic supremacists. America could wind up looking a lot like Belgium.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Agreed. I think Trump may lose big, dragging many Rs on the ticket down with him. In the aftermath the remnant of the party is likely to be a smaller more cohesive and conservative group.

But they may be a permanent minority for a long time with no ability to hinder leftists or Islamic supremacists. America could wind up looking a lot like Belgium.
    that's exactly what I see in the works right now. The "new" republican party will be so "moderate" that there will be no place at the table for a true conservative.

jd

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Getting hung up on whether a candidate is conservative is missing the point.

Our enemy isn't simply liberalism, it's the globalist America-hating elite establishment that seeks to rule us. They want to destroy conservatives and liberals alike. They don't give a crap. They're like ISIS in that respect, they just want power, period. This is why I said not to get hung up on "issues," because that's their honey trap. Issues are the Titanic's deck chairs, we have much more important things to worry about, like beating the witch and the commie, whatever it takes!
    You're starting to sound like TheTman, John. Conspiracy theories anyone?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling