CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worn recoil spring maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ZardozCZ View Post
    I got the new spring, it has the same wire gage and # of turns as the old, but is nearly 2 inches longer! Much more effort to lock the slide back now too. Can't wait until trying it this weekend.

Oh, it was quite a struggle to get the new spring in the slide.

And, I LOVE the new rubber (ok, soft poly) grips! Now it's got the grip I learned to like with the first NYCPD K9 trade-in I got from aimsurplus several years back. Lock up on that one was rattly loose and accuracy suffered so I sold it to a guy that just wanted a small "belly gun". Suits him fine, this one now suits me fine!

Makes me ponder why I wouldn't want to check out a MK9 to maybe take the place of the CM9, but taxes come first!
    that spring will take a set in 200 rounds and be veryy comfortable. actually because your original spring was two inches shorter is not an indication that the spring is no good either. But never a bad idea to change recoil springs, esecialyt when the gun starts to act up..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I been called a lot of things in my day, some not printable on this here forum but nobody, I mean nobody ever called me Mugsy before.

I have to dwell on this her situation some.

Vote for Cruz or your a pathetic loser. Now look what yall done.
    There are two Gs in Muggsy numb nuts and you should be honored that someone would think that highly of you.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have many rounds through my MK, and it is STILL difficult to rack, and I am sure that after another thousand rounds, it will STILL be tight and hard to rack. Very tight guns they are.............hotter the ammo, the better. Stronger the grip, the better. They are their own beast............................................. .................................................. ..........

Default Light loads

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    ...hotter the ammo, the better...
    I just wanted to chime in on the light loads. I've been carrying my MK9 and K9 with Hornady Lites. I've put quite a number through both pistols w/out any failures (probably over 200 in the MK and 100 in the K). They are significantly lighter than even the 115 gr range ammo I shoot. I started using Hornady Lites when I was carrying the Ruger LC9S - a very light polymer pistol. I figured carrying the LC9s with Hornady Lites was still a better option than carrying a 380. They ran fine in that light polymer gun and significantly reduced the recoil. But I really didn't expect them to cycle my MK9 when I purchased it (new). I discovered and was really surprised that they ran flawlessly in the MK. Then, I bought a new K9 and was also thinking they would be too light for the K9. But again they have cycled perfectly. In contrast, they would not cycle my Springfield EMP.

Regarding the springs; I've purchased extra including some Wolffs. I was intending to change springs about every 1,000 rounds. I'm not sure what the Kahr springs are rated for but I'm actually up to about 800 rounds in my MK and so far I can't detect any loss of strength. I've been really impressed with both pistols.

One odd thing I was thinking to post on another thread. Both of the plastic followers on my extended K9 mags broke (I had 2 mags). These are new mags. Oddly my 3 regular (shorter) mags haven't had an issue.

Ran 150 rds at the range yesterday, all 124gr, 50 of the light target loads, the rest at max charge by the book. Not a single hiccup!

Looks like the spring did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner840 View Post
    I just wanted to chime in on the light loads. I've been carrying my MK9 and K9 with Hornady Lites. I've put quite a number through both pistols w/out any failures (probably over 200 in the MK and 100 in the K). They are significantly lighter than even the 115 gr range ammo I shoot. I started using Hornady Lites when I was carrying the Ruger LC9S - a very light polymer pistol.
    That's good to know because my LGS had the Hornady lites on sale & I scooped them all up but haven't had the chance to fire them. I bought them intended for my CM9 being such a small pistol.. Lately I've been stocking up on Hornady critical defense 115 gr. FTX for use in all my carry 9's considering they've get very good performance reviews on you tube & they function perfectly thru my pistols... As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna take a few boxes of Hornady critical defense "lite" to the range & try these out...

(P.S. I have around 400 rounds thru my K9 and it's still tight)

Hey, being mistaken for Bawanna isn't exactly a compliment neither.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    that spring will take a set in 200 rounds and be veryy comfortable. actually because your original spring was two inches shorter is not an indication that the spring is no good either. But never a bad idea to change recoil springs, esecialyt when the gun starts to act up..
    Does that mean that changing yer recoil spring is in order. You act up all the time.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I was talking to Kahr recently via email about some other issue, wear on a part. They threw in their recoil springs lasting some crazy number of cycles without issue.... a life time of shooting. I would not replace springs just to replace them.