I finally got my new to me K9 to the range yesterday and put about 150 rounds through it, all my own reloads. The first box was Hornady XTPs (all 124gr) over ~3.8gr Titegroup, a rather light load. I had some FTE stove pipes that concerned me.

After those rounds were shot the balance were a box of 124gr XTPs and a box of 124gr Barry's RNCBs, over 4.15-4.2gr of Titegroup. These had significantly more recoil, no FTEs, and my groups were tightening considerably, putting what I can do with my CW9 to shame actually.

So my question is this: The force required to rack the slide is considerably less than the CW9. The barrel shows this K9 has been shot, a lot, but it still locks up tight and shoots POA=POI at 25'. Could the light spring and light load be a bad combination that lead to the stovepipes? I'm by no means an expert but that is what I'm guessing. Hoping you can enlighten me.

I already have rubber grips and recoil spring (all springs in fact) on order from Kahr so will soon be able to test the theory against a fresh spring, but thought maybe someone here could say for sure what lead to the FTE stovepipes.

I also noticed on several casings that theres a scuff at the mouth and sometimes a dent 1/3 the way down from the mouth. I'll try the ejector spring too and see if that mark goes away. I save and reload my brass so I want it in good shape. I hope to shoot a few thousand rounds through this one so I can hit what I want without thinking about it. If it performs as well as hoped, it will replace the CW9 as my primary carry tool. I'm already more accurate with it than the CW9, but not as good as with my CZ75s. The trigger takes some getting used to as the break point gives no clue!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!