Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Kahr in IDPA

Default Kahr in IDPA

Im looking to get into some IDPA match shooting,.. or even better some BUG matches, if I can find them in my area. The INSANE accuracy of my CM9 has inspires me to look at a Kahr for a competitive platform,... which model Kahr in 9mm do you all recommend.

My lil CM9 is so accurate and I shoot so well with it Id love to use it in a BUG match.

Your help is appreciated. !

Hi shaw520 and welcome to Kahrtalk....IDPA is a blast and you can find matches in your area from their web site www.idpa.com I would go with a K9 if you can find one...The longer barrel and magazine capacity will give you what you need to be competitive....Sure is fun and great practice when just shooting at paper starts getting old....

I've shot a K40 and an MK9 in BUG matches and they really shine. Like you I shoot them well. As long as you don't tire quickly and you shoot your CM9 well, I'd go for it with just what you got. That's kinda the spirit of IDPA: shoot what you carry.
    ​O|||||||O

Great information guys,... than you both, I will let you know how I progress.

I'd have no problem with competing with my CM9. It's as accurate and reliable as any pocket pistol that I've ever owned.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I used my CW40 in a few IDPA matches... I really love using this pistol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPHTjlRDibg

my CM9 is my EDC gun which I now shoot exclusively in IDPA BUG DIV. , none of that 5rd. strings B.S.; go to any IDPA match,enter BUG, you'll need a strong side holster,4 mags, at least 3 mag pouches; you shoot whatever the stage course of fire is, six rds. MAX in the gun and 3 reloads of 6 on the belt, then let the little dog run with the big ones!

one tip, learn to shift gears when shooting, ie: take time on the 15/20 yd. shots (your competing with other BUGS not SSPs) and shift to higher gears as targets get closer. repeat at least monthly and enjoy!

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER