Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakeline Metal Followers testing in my 2010 PM45

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I purchased two followers from Alfonse. One is still new awaiting arrival of my 2nd mag. The other looks similar to yours and has also stopped locking the slide back after about 100 rounds of 45 ball. I'm going to keep it for emergency backup if I happen to break my original follower. I guess those actuators are sharp!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Give Al some time Bob, nobody wants these followers and other parts to work perfectly more than AL. He'll get to the bottom of it and get them running right.

Never met the man, hope to maybe next month but I sense much integrity and honesty.

Just a few bugs to work out, that's all. I haven't been out to shoot in way too long. I have a couple prototype 45 followers I intend to try but hasn't happened yet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

No complaints here, I've purchased several other items from Al, these are very high quality followers. Only problem is steel is harder than aluminum...lol.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I'll have to apologize, as I was mistaken. In previous post, I stated cm45 lakeline follower was 100%. The mag with it will not lock open last round or manually with empty mag. It appears it's not quite as wide where the pin is in the plastic follower. I had the mags mixed up. Pm 9 is ok.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I went out today with my PM45 and shot 135 rounds. 1 mag with LL, one stock. The LL NEVER locked back on last round. Incredibly disappointing.

I didn't need the followers since my original ones were fine, but wanted to try them and I did experience no slide lock back at any time with the .45 followers.

I know that Alfonse wants to see what the problem is, but I haven't felt like fooling with them, yet. I've had a lot going on with medical and dental, besides my usual work around the house... and I'm a procrastinator.

I feel bad that I haven't tried taking picturews with the slide removed, etc., to see what's going on.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Alright, there are some hints here on what the issues with the .45 followers might be. I will do some measuring and analyzing tomorrow and see if I can get it solved. Thanks for the input and I will get it taken care of. BTW, they are off the market until this is solved.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I took some pictures of two each of my mags with the Lakeline followers and the stock ones. Pictures taken as follower reaches the slide lock actuator and then another after the mag is locked in place. The stock ones work and the LL don't.

First three of LL, then two stock ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The second pair... again first photo as follower reaches actuator and then after lock in place for each of this pair.

The slide lock pin is pushed in numerous times to be sure it's seated with each mag.

The rub marks on the followers were covered up with a Sharpie so I could tell if there was any additional marks being made.

In my testing, the .40 followers were chewed up pretty well and required filing to even them up.

The 9's were a little better... not quite so beaten up.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Thanks, the photos help a bunch.
    Al
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...