Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Undecided

Muggsy ... personally, I don't think that the federal government has any place at all in "ruling" on cases of morality in general, other than those issues specifically outlined in the Constitution. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are the basic foundation followed by the basic establishment of the governing body, and by force from various states came the Bill of Rights (first ten amendments). The preamble of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness", in my opinion (and apparently yours) specifically speaks to abortion "on demand for convenience" as being murder, if like me, one understands that life itself begins at conception. That is why this issue has yet to be resolved .... in this lifetime.

I don't care one bit what trump's response or answer is from one minute to the next on this "issue", knowing it's just going to play to his audience for the moment. I have my core beliefs and principles, and would hope that others do as well.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I am decided.

I am decided that there is a deadly snake loose in my back yard. It threatens my family, my children and my dog.

I am decided that I do not care which pew, rug or rock the person I know will destroy that snake prays from or doesn't.

I am decided that ancillary political positions are a deep second priority to removing that snake.

I am decided that Donald J. Trump will remove that snake.

Tim

and, some of us believe that trump may be that snake

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

He cannot be that snake because he is not now in the yard.

To extend the analogy, he is the mongoose.

Tim

Let's hope it's not the children's story, "The King, The Mice, and the Cheese."
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

The trouble with "our" political class is that their job is to "write laws"... legislators. They forget about the people who voted for them and pursue their own interests and feathering their own nests. They sit around all day trying to devise all ways to get more of our money and use it for all kinds of feel-good(for them) BS!

Under Obummer, they've mostly shirked their duties and let him do their job too much. I think that they have let him have his way because they didn't want to be called "RACIST"!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Muggsy - Hillary, Biden, and Obama are gaffomatic machines in hyperdrive. Yet it's Trump's gaffes that get news coverage. Ever ask yourself why?

Hillary gets no coverage because she can't speak in public without making Trump look like a saint. Remember when Obama was asked when life begins, and he said that question was above his pay grade? Did you see the pictures on Drudge of Obama at the nuke conference hamming it up and making peace signs like a hippie?
    That's no excuse to elect a gaff machine of our own. We need a good solid conservative leading the country. We're only going to get one shot at making the country right again and I'm not about to throw it away on some crooked glorified real estate agent. He may be your idea of a man, John, but he's far from mine.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Donald Trump is a snake.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    Muggsy ... personally, I don't think that the federal government has any place at all in "ruling" on cases of morality in general, other than those issues specifically outlined in the Constitution. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are the basic foundation followed by the basic establishment of the governing body, and by force from various states came the Bill of Rights (first ten amendments). The preamble of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness", in my opinion (and apparently yours) specifically speaks to abortion "on demand for convenience" as being murder, if like me, one understands that life itself begins at conception. That is why this issue has yet to be resolved .... in this lifetime.

I don't care one bit what trump's response or answer is from one minute to the next on this "issue", knowing it's just going to play to his audience for the moment. I have my core beliefs and principles, and would hope that others do as well.

jd
    What our federal government should preside over is expressly delineated by our constitution. The Federal government in many cases has overstepped it's bounds. Our founding fathers warned us that unless we voted for men of principle and high moral standards that our freedom and republic would be lost. Donald Trump isn't a man of principle or high moral standards. He appeals to the lowest common denominator in our society. He isn't a conservative or a republican. At best Donald Trump is a scam artist.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    That's no excuse to elect a gaff machine of our own. We need a good solid conservative leading the country. We're only going to get one shot at making the country right again and I'm not about to throw it away on some crooked glorified real estate agent. He may be your idea of a man, John, but he's far from mine.
    You're putting words in my mouth. I'm merely pointing out that your Nevertrump blinders are keeping you from seeing that he's no different from any other candidate.

I'm sure if I searched I'd find some Cruz gaffes that would make you gag. Why does he come across as a slimy bible salesman to some people? Is that your idea of a real man? Why was his wife on the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the "Rule the world" cadres that's pushing us toward disintegration?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101