Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Disappointing CW9 First Impression

Unhappy Very Disappointing CW9 First Impression

Let me start off by saying that I own a CM9 and love it, which is why I decided to purchase a brand new CW9 on a whim today.
    First things first, when I got home I attempted to field strip my new CW9 for a quick wipe down and oil. It was impossible to do by hand. I had to use a pop bottle so I could push the gun down with both hands to depress the pin enough to thread a zip tie through the other side and make a loop to pull the pin the rest of the way out.
    Next to my surprise the inside of the slide looks and feels like sand paper.
    And the worst for last. THE TRIGGER IS TERRIBLE! Nothing like my smooth clean CM9 trigger. It's squeeky and spongy.

Have you contacted Kahr? I would.

I am doing that now, I will update with what happens.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Looks like someone forgot to change or sharpen the CNC blades and tried to finish it with a drill bit.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I dont have a problem with whats in tge pictures. All the rough spots dont actually touch other parts in their functioning.

Trigger rough? Clean striker. Dry fire a bit.

Well, welcome to the forum. sorry to see your intro being that of a unhappy hello. I'm sure Kahr will make it right for you....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

My trigger was creaky and gritty at first too. I put a drop of oil on the trigger spring, shot a few rounds, and it became smooth as butter.

Sorry about your disappointment. FWIW the take down and the trigger should improve with the break-in. But if the machining marks bother you, contact Kahr. Good luck.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    Well, welcome to the forum. sorry to see your intro being that of a unhappy hello. I'm sure Kahr will make it right for you....
    Thank you, I sure hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Sorry about your disappointment. FWIW the take down and the trigger should improve with the break-in. But if the machining marks bother you, contact Kahr. Good luck.
    I was just really thrown because my CM9 was perfect out of the box. Thank you, I'm waiting to hear what they say.

Yeah. The first one spoiled you maybe. I know how you feel. I bought most of my Kahrs used after the break-in was completed. My CM45 was bought new and, while it ran well, it took some time to really smooth out. But we hate to see you disappointed and look forward to a happy range report in your future.
    ​O|||||||O