CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actively Looking

Default Actively Looking

Greetings, joining this forum to learn more about the kahr series. Active member on several other forums. Looking at purchasing a kahr but wants to join a forum where I could learn from others here prior to making a decision. This looks like the place to start.

Hi Sonicx, welcome aboard. I joined here when I bought my first Kahr CW9 and then bought a CM9. Lots of good information here with lots of knowledgeable folks. The Kahr-Tech forum is a good place to browse. My lower end (CW, CM) Kahr's were about 98% out of the box. With the guidance in the tech section, they are 99.9%. Where you from and what do you currently shoot?

Welcome, I did the same thing about two months ago. Lurked around for a couple of weeks before joining, though. I am now the proud owner of a CW9 and a CT380. I joined about five manufacturer specific forums in my quest for carry guns for my wife and I. This forum is definitely the best of them. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum! Pretty much everything about Kahr pistols is covered in some posting, somewhere, on this forum. Have fun with your research and if you have questions, it is a helpful bunch.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Don't assume that your Kahr pistol will be less than perfect right out of the box. Remember that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Very few people complain when their guns run perfectly. Remember that every gun needs a break in period and that if you experience a bobble or two during the break-in that's normal. Clean the gun when you receive it and read the owners manual. Most of your questions will be answered there.Use only quality ball ammunition during the break in. Avoid flat nose and most foreign made ammo. Remember that Kahr stands behind their products and that they will repair or replace your gun if it's problematic. Finally, enjoy shooting one of the best concealed carry pistols available.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

^^^^What muggsy said^^^^

If you decide to go with Kahr, do follow the New Kahr Prep instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicx View Post
    Greetings, joining this forum to learn more about the kahr series. Active member on several other forums. Looking at purchasing a kahr but wants to join a forum where I could learn from others here prior to making a decision. This looks like the place to start.
    Welcome, what caliber are you looking at?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks everyone. Happy to be here. I'm looking at a different pocket carry but also 45. I have a array of manufactures that I collect. Started as a Walther fanboy. I like the older guns such as browning and sig too. I must admit I know the least about kahr but looking forward to read through the forum. I'm up the the Midwest frontier near the Canadian boarder.

+1 on what Muggsy stated. CM45 and PM9 both ran fine out of the box. Most of them do.
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Kahr 9mm's are top notch. I have a cm9 and ct9. I like my kahr .45's too. They did take the required breakin but are good now. The 9mm's were flawless from day one.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/