Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kahr cm9?

Default kahr cm9?

Hello, new to the forums & Kahr pistols, but not pistols. I'm thinking of buying a CM9 & was wondering if there is anything I need to know - field stripping & cleaning, lubing, shooting, ammo, etc. I'm buying the pistol for front pocket carry, & was wondering about recommendations on an inexpensive pocket holster.
    Thanks, & I'll be following forum posts now.

Lots of good stickies concerning new kahr prep! You'll find them in the pm/cm section of the forums. I did them for both my pm9 and cm45, and had perfection out of the box. Welcome, and enjoy your fine little pistol!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Don't forget a range report!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

I'm a solid CM9 fan as mine has been 100% out of the box. It has been my constant companion for years. Follow the stickies and the good advice available on this forum and you will be good to go.
    Welcome!

They are great little pistols. The Kahr trigger can take getting used to if you are not a revolver shooter, but it is worth it.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I cycled mine by hand 200 times, oiled liberally. No malfunctions at all. Love it!

I use the Desantis Nemesis..............................5+ yrs.

I use a Winthrop Leather holster for front pocket carry. Winthrop holsters are decent holsters, not top shelf, but decent for the money, and they ship right away.

http://www.winthropholsters.com/kahr...er-black-0287/
    NRA Benefactor

On holsters I use a "Stays Put." It is like a Remora or Sticky. It breaks up the shape of the gun nicely. But, it also is closed on the muzzle end and comforms to the pistol well enough that very little lint or other gunk ever gets on the pistol. I can carry it for 3 months solid and there is nothing on it. I used a DeSantis Superfly before and the pistol was always covered in lint. And, they are cheap.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by jonholl View Post
    Hello, new to the forums & Kahr pistols, but not pistols. I'm thinking of buying a CM9 & was wondering if there is anything I need to know - field stripping & cleaning, lubing, shooting, ammo, etc. I'm buying the pistol for front pocket carry, & was wondering about recommendations on an inexpensive pocket holster.
    Thanks, & I'll be following forum posts now.
    been carrying my PMJ9 in my front p[ocket for over 7 years in a uncloe mikes #3 and also a desantis marked MK serie. I like the uncle mikes better. its 7 years old and rides 24/7 n my front pocket and it is super thin and covers the trigger housng perfectly. have had alot of the leather rigs for pocket carry but they add bulk to the gun in ones ocket were as the uncle mikes doesn't...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY